Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sticky Songs

There is so many different places I could go with this week’s spin cycle because it is about a song. Any way we want to go with it. And after spending 4 years working in a music store and spending another 2 in the same store with the hubby as he managed the store after I left we definitely have a lot of music in our history. But even with all that history I think it’s funny because just this week the hubs and I have been emailing each other when songs get stuck in our head. Yesterday alone he emailed me 3 times with 3 different songs. They were: S-I-M-P Squirrels in My Pants from Phineas and Ferb, the Fishy-Fishay song from the McDonalds commercial and finally the Mighty Mighty Bosstones ‘The Impression That I Get’. So ridiculous.

 

We both just seem to have music flowing through us all the time and it definitely plays a role in our everyday lives. We always seem to be singing or dancing (me) and I love it. I also love that both my boys have an affinity for music as well. Leo is just like me in that he can hear a song one time and the next time it comes on the radio he can sing it. He loves him some Justin Bieber and Pitbull. He also likes Calvin Harris. His dad is nice to him and will normally let him listen to music he is interested in in the car. Some of Leo’s favorite tunes right now are: The Harlem Shake song (and he will dance like the KU basketball players when he hears it. If you haven’t googled it please do. Then imagine a little 6 year old boy dancing like those guys. Highly inappropriate but hilarious.), Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used To Know,” and pretty much all popular music playing on the radio he knows. It is so funny/cute to hear him singing these songs in his little voice.

 

So this was a very choppy post but I have so many things to say about music and songs that a little dollop will do ya.

2 comments:

gretchen said...

Damn. Now I have that S.I.M.P. Squirrels in My Pants stuck in my head!!! Question, do you email each other the stuck-in-your-heads songs in an attempt to shake them out of your head? Or is it to drive the other one crazy by getting it stuck in THEIR head? Love it that your boys have got moves!

You are linked!

Patty O. said...

Hahaha! My kids love Phineas and Ferb. I want to get Squirrels in my Pants as a ringtone for my cell phone!