Sunday, June 9, 2013

Spin Cycle: Relaxation

Oh hello Spin Cycle. I've missed you. Sometimes I just don't have the right words to make a spin complete. But this week? This week I do because it's about relaxing. And I love to relax! Gretchen wants to know what we do to relax. Hmmm...let me think about this. I was going to write a post about my whirlwind weekend to Kansas City to visit my aunt for my birthday and it made me think that would be perfect about relaxing.
 
 
So...Friday afternoon I left work at 2 to hit the road. It's about a 2 1/2 hour trip from home to KC. Not too long but when I'm by myself it sucks pretty royally. This is me, road tripping by myself.
 
 I got up to Kansas City about 4:45, changed and headed out the door with my aunt to go to Girls Night Out at the K for the Royals game. It was so much fun and they won! We also got a helmet full of nachos. It was brisket, nacho chips, corn, and nacho cheese sauce. Let me tell ya. It was amazing. And we also got to see fireworks a the end of the game. Woo hoo!
Helmet nachos
My aunt and I
Fireworks!
 
 
Saturday morning I slept in (8:45!!) and we got up and went to get pedicures. I picked a fancy blue which is unusual for me but I really like it. Then we ran a few errands (she still had mommy duties to fulfill) and went back home for lunch. Then we headed to the Overland Park Convention Center for a Women's Fair. I wasn't sure exactly what it would be like but it was a giant center full of craft fair booths, clothing, make up, etc. I even got my eye brows waxed (professionally) for $5! Score! I picked up a few gifts for things coming up and got a really awesome picture for me. (And the hubby has already hung it up so he apparently likes it too!) We spent all afternoon there and ended the day back at my aunts for a delicious home-grilled dinner of steak and mushrooms, corn on the cob and backed potaotes. We finished off the evening watching the Royals win again on TV and enjoying ice cream sundaes with their kids.
 
Sunday morning I got up around 8:30, we ate breakfast and I headed home so I could spend a little time with my boys before the weekend was over. We also have a work picnic at the zoo tonight that we are heading to. It was a busy weekend but totally relaxing for me! I'm so thankful I have family who loves me and wants to spend time with me. And a hubby who will take the reigns of our animals so I can make a trip like that!


Birthday picture I picked for myself!

1 comment:

gretchen said...

Oh, I love a good solo car trip! Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing trip! So jealous.

You will be linked as soon as I locate Frankie Goes to Hollywood on YouTube!