Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thoughts from a garage sale that hasn't even started yet...

Today I took all my stuff over to my brosef's house to set up for the garage sale. And while I was stressed because I thought I was going to take it on Tuesday I got it all done in about 3 hours. Not too shabby. But I took a look at some of what I was selling (mainly clothes) and had a few revelations...

1) It is so AWESOME to see how much weight I've lost by seeing all the clothes I'm selling. I honestly feel like that is the first time I've seen through my eyes the massive amount of weight I've shed. And it feels good.

2) As the past few years of garage sale-ing has gone I realized tonight how much better we've been about not buying as much stuff. Of course we still have bought plenty but it's nice to see that not every year we have the same amount. It keeps getting less and less. Again, it feels really good.

3) I love my brother and sister-in-law. I obviously knew this already but it is just nice to sit and chat with them. We don't do it enough but when we can it is nice.

And on that I'm going to hit the shower before I go to bed and get up in less than 8 hours to start the actual sale. ALSO--I've already made $50! My porch swing that my husband thought I was crazy to sell because this was the year (after we've had it 9) that he was going to start sitting on it. A neighbor of my brother's had been wanting one and ours was still in good condition so he bought it. For full price. I hope that is a good omen about how the rest of the sale is going to go!

No comments: