Thursday, October 29, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
- The Redskins have been killing me lately. How do you call yourself a "professional" football team when you have 3 turnovers in the first half. All of them resulting in scores. Annoyed. Also, the whole smiling, slapping asses, etc. Yeah, you're losing. And you've only won 2 games all year. Probably not the best time to be jacking around on the sidelines. Just FYI.
- Work has been pretty good but I'm pretty sure that even though we work together 5-6 days per week that does not give you the right to touch me. I'm not a big touchy-feely person but we are in a work environment so either way not the right place to throw that down. So please don't try to give me hugs, poke my side, rub my back etc.
- I went to the tag office today to get my tag renewed because I waited to long to do it online. I don't know what all the complaining is about. I was in and out in under 20 minutes. And the lady that helped me was very friendly. It made the whole experience a lot better! But really...$96 for a 2001 Ford Escort...I'm not even sure my car is worth that much.
- The little heathen is getting prepared for Halloween. He has learned the phrase trick or treat and knows that this is the time for candy. So this morning when I gave him his options for breakfast he looked at me and said..."Ummmm gum?" and when I told him no he said..."Ummmm candy?" with the most cutest smile I've witnessed since yesterday. You wish buddy boy! I would say you would get enough in the upcoming days but we're really not hitting up to many houses so sorry! No candy for you!
- We have way too many toys in our house. It is ridiculous the amount of toys we have. So when I tell people that he doesn't need more toys and they give me the look like I'm a mean mom I guess I need to show them pictures.
I guess this is all the time I have for today. I have to get to work which I do not want to go but who does?! To see other randomness check out keely at http://www.theunmom.com
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
First up: Chicken and Noodles
3(ish) chicken breast (with or without skins and bones)
a couple chicken bouillion cubes
1 package of frozen egg noodles
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I use Campbells)
Cook chicken (I like to put them in the crockpot so they are cooked when I get home). To season it toss the bouillion cubes in there. Cook the egg noodles ( to make them even tastier use the broth from the cooked chicken). Drain noodles, add cream of chicken soup and chicken. I like a thicker soup so I drain most of the water out from the noodles and the cream of chicken soup makes it thick.
2nd recipe: Roast
Step 1: Buy roast, carrots and potatoes
Step 2: Put all in crockpot with Onion Soup mix (the powder form) with about 3/4 cup of water
Step 3: Let it sit all day and smell its gloriousness when you come home from work.
Step 4: Enjoy!
See other delicious fall recipes at http://www.spriteskeeper.com
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Speaking of my kid…I am excited to say that he has officially pooped in the potty. I never thought I would be this excited about potty training but look at me! I also never expected anyone else to care about his potty training as much as I did. But when he went to school and told his teacher about it she was extremely excited and started to tell all the other kids about. I thought streamers and confetti were going to pop out of the ceiling for a parade and party. I’m ok with that though!
Also, he got a “surprise” for doing his business in the potty. He chose a bucket that had 61 pieces of jungle animals and flora and fauna for said animals to play on. It was a great buy for only $10 (gotta love Target!) but on the package it said 5+ because of choking hazards. I’m not sure but Leo is not really at the stage that he is putting things in his mouth that I am concerned that he is going to choke on. Either my kid is a genius or this company is taking great lengths to keep all kids that are not 5 from choking. Now, as much as I would like to go with the first option I don’t think my kid is the only under 5 that is capable of playing with these toys without having a problem. Oh well. They still got my money!
I’m just gonna say this without much else, but Lady Gaga is really weird. I watched her on SNL and she was wearing that weird costume and she could barely sit at the piano with it on. Don’t you think she would have rehearsed that? Yeah, just really weird.
I am going on a date with the hubby this weekend. Nothing spectacular but we are going to watch the fights at the local B-Dub. I got a parenting magazine and it had a little survey that asked if it was important to still have date nights after baby. 90% of people said yes. As much as I agree with this, I think it is hard to have a set “date night.” Maybe we are just lazy people that didn’t really go out much before baby but we don’t really go out that much. It is also expensive. You have to pay to go out plus pay for a babysitter (if you don’t coerce a family member into doing it!). On that note, I have a cousin that is watching Leo this weekend for a few hours while me and the hubby will both be at work. He’s not that difficult to watch, especially on a Saturday morning, but how much do I need to pay her? I don’t really have people watch Leo that I have to pay so I don’t even really know what the going rate is. Anyone? Anyone?
To see more random thoughts go see Keely at http://www.theunmom.com
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Being a super hero ain't easy. But I'll let you in on how I spend my free time...
And hang out with my friends. (Avert your eyes so they won't know your true identity).
But the safety of the city is worth it.
To see other people's photo essays visit Jen over at the Sprite's Keeper: http://www.spriteskeeper.com/my_weblog/2009/10/negotiations.html
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
***Note to all readers: No children were harmed in the writing of this blog***
Saturday, October 3, 2009
I also love fall because of Halloween and Thanksgiving. I really like Halloween but I don't really dress up. We have the past few years at work, but nothing too crazy. ANd now that Leo is able to make decisions I have been letting him tell me what he wants to be for Halloween. The things he has told me so far have been: an elephant, Spiderman, a cricket, a white person (apparently he saw a "white person" on a cartoon. We are not a racist family all decked out in our KKK stuff but my boss did tell me to let him know he could never be white, you know since he's a halfie! :), Spiderman, a pumpkin pie and Batman. He has talked about Batman because a friend of our families told him a story about how his mom made him a Batman costume when he was a little boy. So now Leo has really been into the idea of being Batman like Mike was. So we went to a few costume stores today and he saw a Batman costume. And it fit. And it was only $20. So Leo will be Batman for Halloween. And he looks adorable in it! Awesome!
Friday, October 2, 2009
We watch childrens tv in the morning when Leo and myself are trying to get ready for work and then again for a little bit in the evenings when I am getting dinner together. I have decided that I like Disney much better than Nickelodeon. The main reason is because Disney does not over-run their programming with commercials for products. Adult products, kids products, toys and food. I really don't want my 2-year-old to become a gimmie gimmie kid. And just when we were watching Nick while he was sick he saw a commercial and was like I want that. And he's not like that unless we are in a store and he sees something exceptionally cool. So I will give most of my tv watching time to Disney. And that's all I have to say about that.