Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spin Cycle: Fall Recipes

Ok, so I am going to be completely lazy but here are 2 super-easy recipes that I love to make year round but people think I'm weird so I'm gonna call them fall/winter recipes. They are super easy because I'm not a huge veggie person and I don't really like recipes with a lot of ingredients. Some people might call me lazy, I call myself practical. Without further adou (sp?)

First up: Chicken and Noodles

3(ish) chicken breast (with or without skins and bones)
a couple chicken bouillion cubes
1 package of frozen egg noodles
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I use Campbells)

Cook chicken (I like to put them in the crockpot so they are cooked when I get home). To season it toss the bouillion cubes in there. Cook the egg noodles ( to make them even tastier use the broth from the cooked chicken). Drain noodles, add cream of chicken soup and chicken. I like a thicker soup so I drain most of the water out from the noodles and the cream of chicken soup makes it thick.

2nd recipe: Roast
Step 1: Buy roast, carrots and potatoes
Step 2: Put all in crockpot with Onion Soup mix (the powder form) with about 3/4 cup of water
Step 3: Let it sit all day and smell its gloriousness when you come home from work.
Step 4: Enjoy!

See other delicious fall recipes at http://www.spriteskeeper.com

2 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I have done the roast. The roast ROCKS. See? You already have your first glowing review! You're linked and I'm craving a roast right now..)

Jan said...

I, too, have done that roast. And Jen is 100% correct - that roast rocks.

There's nothing wrong with easy - nothing at all!