Friday, February 27, 2009
So, yeah, one other little note...I am a huge Washington Redskins fan and I just heard on ESPN that they are paying Albert Haynesworth $100 million dollars! I don't know for how long, probably 4ish years but honestly. Is anyone worth that much money? I wouldn't turn it down, but I'm just saying! We are complaining about bailing out companies and this dude alone is going to make $100 million dollars! Crazy!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
So I received an award from Walking In A Dream.The rules for this award are as follows:
Be sure to post the award on your page. (Check)
1) Admit that ONE thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are NO LONGER allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
2) To remind yourself that you ARE a good mom, list SEVEN things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself of EVERY DAY that you rock!
3)Send this to FIVE other Moms of the Year that deserve forgiveness and a reminder that they, too, are the best moms they can be!!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you!"
So here goes:
1)One thing I hate about me being a mom is I spank the monkey (not in the perverted way, get your heads out of the gutter!) The monkey being little man. I am not against spanking, but I am against hitting in anger. I don't do this but sometimes I feel bad because he is just 2 and can't always control everything. And then of course when he hits me I spank him. That kind of defeats the purpose right. I don't know. Maybe I'm just a jerk.
2) Seven things I like about being a mom or like doing with my baby
- Going to the park. Just seeing his smiling face when he is swinging or going down the slide makes me smile!
- Hearing him talk and form sentences makes me happy because he is so smart! And I can say that because I'm his mom!
- My little monkey is so polite! He says please and thank you and correctly. It cracks me up. What 2-year-old does that? So funny!
- I love taking him to museums, things that enrich him, etc. I don't really remember doing that as a kid and I want him to be a learned person.
- As much as I don't like little boy clothes because they just don't have near as much selection as they do for little girls, my boy is stylin! He just got a new pair of Pumas and he rocks them like a cool kid! Love it!
- Just cuddling with him makes me happy! He is so soft and cuddly. It's like having a life-size teddy bear to lay with!
- Just his love of sports makes me happy because I love sports and that will be one more thing we can do together as a family as he gets older. I can't wait!
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Of course one in the tub!
And being the HOT Captain Jack Sparrow
Just looking fabulous!
And all clean cut and ready to meet the folks! :)
Enjoy (and by enjoy I mean salivate all over your desk and mock-kiss your computer screen! ANd I know some of you will actually kiss your screen! I know I did!!!!!)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Ok, now on to the important stuff...Here are just a few things I wanted to mention about all of the baseball steroid hullabaloo that has been going on in the last couple of years. I need to go to bed soon so I am going to bullet point it
- I don't care that baseball players (or any professional athlete) did steroids. Period. IT IS A GAME. People cheat in games all the time. If I could cheat in games I totally would. I would probably win more. My Nintendo Wii cheats ALL THE TIME and no one is putting it on a grand jury!
- Why does the government feel it needs to get involved with it? Again, IT IS A GAME!
- What I do care about are all the people who lied that they did not use steroids. Just tell the truth and get it over with.
- I do NOT feel sorry for the people who are now having to "fess up" to using steroids. That was a risk you took when you did something that you weren't supposed to.
- A-Rod is a tool. Never in an interview should you say, "It was amateur hour" when referring to using steroids. This does not make it ok and this does not make anyone feel sorry for you now that you were busted.
- Finally, do I think the records should stand? Sure, why not? Because baseball is not just a physical game. You can roid it up all you want but if you do not have the hand-eye coordination to hit that tiny ball with a bat at 100+ miles per hour you still won't be able to hit multiple home runs.
Ok, so there were the ramblings of a mad woman after watching to many Sportscenter updates and reading all the tickers at the bottom of my precious KU games! I have a funeral to go to this weekend in Arkansas for my great-grandmother and then my son is having his birthday party on Sunday. It will be a whirlwind weekend and I don't know if I will post anymore this week. I have to make my puppy chow and Blues Clues paw cookies for his party tomorrow so if I have time I will get some more hot babes up for you ladies (and gentlemen if you read this) to drool over! Deuces! :)
Friday, February 13, 2009
So before I riff on the stupidness of insurance I want to acknowledge that I received two awards this week...First off is the Sisterhood Award! This award is given to those blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude and the other award is the keeping up with my blogging award. I appreciate the awards! And I really haven't been keeping up on my blog this week but it has been really hectic and I will work on it! So thank you so much for the awards!
Now on to insurance. So I have been thinking a lot about insurance lately. I have really bad hearing. Like I need hearing aids at 24 bad hearing. And I found out recently that insurance does not cover hearing aids. WHAT?!? Insurance will cover a breathing treatment machine that we use once every 3 months for my 2 year old and will cover the costs of out-patient rehab but it won't cover hearing aids. I don't really understand. I pay $140 a month for insurance for me and the monkey and I understand that it is really good insurance because really the only thing I ever have to pay is $15 for a co-pay. And I know I shouldn't really be complaining because soooo many people out there do not even have insurance but it just frustrates me.
Also, car insurance. It is only good on accidents. I need a sensor replaced (and I have for almost 2 years) but it isn't damaging my car only not realizing when I am shifting but of course I am not going to wast the $150 needed to fix it. I guess I feel like I pay X amount of money per month on my car insurance it should fix ANYTHING that goes wrong with my car.
So, yeah, just wanted to get that off my chest. And if anyone has any black market hearing aids shoot me an email. I'm just kidding...well not really! :)
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Being a working mom I always find it difficult to find exciting things to do with the man especially after I have worked a full day. So being able to do the activities once in awhile is fantastic! We went to a super bowl party a few weeks ago and he got to meet some real-life high school football players and he was pretty excited about that! Ok, now I have to get ready for work, hope everyone has a great day!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Anywho, I have been addicted to the TV show Bones with Emily Deschanel and David Boreanz (who is so smokin hot that it makes it even better to watch!) Anyways, I can't get enough of it and they are airing the episodes on TNT every day at 5 so I can DVR all of them and start from the beginning of the series because I was a late bloomer when it came to the show. Anyways, what I really wanted to say (which by the way, I have re-read some of my blogs and I ramble and my point is never what I originally intended...and there I go again! :) is that I want Bones and Booth to get together. I want to see making out, holding hands, just something other than this dumb sexual tension. Especially because Booth does whatever he can to protect Bones. He went to the crazy gang-banger and punched him in the face and put a gun to his head to take off the hit, he has taken bullets for her and he totally found her when she was buried alive. Come on already and get to smooching.
Another show that I always wanted two characters to get together was Scrubs. I always want JD and Elliott to end up together. Currently they are back together but who knows how the season will progress? Hopefully they just end up together at the end of the series. Also, Ross and Rachel. They just had to end up together. And then a throwback to the 80's. Always wanted Maddie and David to end up together.
Do you have any shows that have two characters that you really think should get together? Let me know!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
So this blog was kind of random but she rocks and even though we don't stay in touch she is my friend. I'm sure eveyone has one of those out there! :)
Sunday, February 1, 2009
I had also invited my friend who had left the bank (who I also spoke about in a previous post!) and we chatted about her upcoming nuptials and we bought drinks for the birthday girl. It was very nice to see her again and not discuss work even once! I guess I just figured that these people are closer to the birthday girl than I am (and we have become a lot closer over the last few months, but more work friends then going out friends) but I was acting like the better friend. I even drove her home. I didn't even drink because I knew I had to drive home. So I sat there from 9-alomst 1 without drinking anything and watching everyone else drink. It was a good time. Now comes the part about the karaoke!
My main reason for going other than the birthday was for karaoke! I had never karaoked and I really wanted to. But the thing is, no matter how much I am looking forward to something I still get really nervous about being in front of people and the bar was PACKED! So when we were "on deck" I started to get sweaty palms syndrome. Then we were next I got the butterflies in the stomach and my body was shaking. We totally pulled it off though and we rocked the house! I don't think we sang exceptionally well, but we were having fun and putting on a good show. Someone even took a picture of us (which was kinda weird, but whatever!!!).
The funniest thing about karaoke though were the people that took it ridiculously serious. There were guys there singing show tunes. Now I don't mind show tunes but not when I am in a bar! I want good music! Dancing music. And the guy leading the karaoke sang the most crass song I have ever heard. I don't even know who it was by, but the title was F*&# her gently. And he walked around the bar and was grinding on people. And let me tell you, this dude was not good looking. He had long scraggly hair and a creepy hat. Seriously dude, don't be creepy!
So that was my weekend! I got home about 1:30 and hopped in the shower to wash off the stink of smoke (unfortunately the bar was not smoke free) and got to bed. Woke up this morning ready for the super bowl. We aren't doing anything exciting, just gonna make some enchiladas and cheese dip and hunker down for the night! I hope all of your weekends were excellent and the team you favor wins the Super Bowl!