Friday, February 13, 2009

the woes of insurance


So before I riff on the stupidness of insurance I want to acknowledge that I received two awards this week...First off is the Sisterhood Award! This award is given to those blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude and the other award is the keeping up with my blogging award. I appreciate the awards! And I really haven't been keeping up on my blog this week but it has been really hectic and I will work on it! So thank you so much for the awards!



Now on to insurance. So I have been thinking a lot about insurance lately. I have really bad hearing. Like I need hearing aids at 24 bad hearing. And I found out recently that insurance does not cover hearing aids. WHAT?!? Insurance will cover a breathing treatment machine that we use once every 3 months for my 2 year old and will cover the costs of out-patient rehab but it won't cover hearing aids. I don't really understand. I pay $140 a month for insurance for me and the monkey and I understand that it is really good insurance because really the only thing I ever have to pay is $15 for a co-pay. And I know I shouldn't really be complaining because soooo many people out there do not even have insurance but it just frustrates me.



Also, car insurance. It is only good on accidents. I need a sensor replaced (and I have for almost 2 years) but it isn't damaging my car only not realizing when I am shifting but of course I am not going to wast the $150 needed to fix it. I guess I feel like I pay X amount of money per month on my car insurance it should fix ANYTHING that goes wrong with my car.



So, yeah, just wanted to get that off my chest. And if anyone has any black market hearing aids shoot me an email. I'm just kidding...well not really! :)

4 comments:

Super Mom said...

You know what? Beings as I am addicted to informercials, I DO recall seeing some kind of "hearing aid" thingy that looks like a bluetooth... it is just supposed to amplify the noise around you, but can be easily removed or put on and doesn't LOOK like a hearing aid.

At 24 maybe people wouldn't even look twice at a chick with a bluetooth on... :)

Grats on your awards! BUT - you forgot one on my blog... you actually got TWO from my blog...

Needsleepy said...

I saw something similar to what Supermom was talking about. It might actually help. Super Mom is a VIP at the Seen on TV website...may she could get you the info!

Brooke said...

Congrats on the awards!

Needsleepy said...

Muahahahahahaha...I gave you another award...go get it.
Oh yeah...I miss you in the Sexy Man Week! Are you gonna play with me?