Ok, now on to the important stuff...Here are just a few things I wanted to mention about all of the baseball steroid hullabaloo that has been going on in the last couple of years. I need to go to bed soon so I am going to bullet point it
- I don't care that baseball players (or any professional athlete) did steroids. Period. IT IS A GAME. People cheat in games all the time. If I could cheat in games I totally would. I would probably win more. My Nintendo Wii cheats ALL THE TIME and no one is putting it on a grand jury!
- Why does the government feel it needs to get involved with it? Again, IT IS A GAME!
- What I do care about are all the people who lied that they did not use steroids. Just tell the truth and get it over with.
- I do NOT feel sorry for the people who are now having to "fess up" to using steroids. That was a risk you took when you did something that you weren't supposed to.
- A-Rod is a tool. Never in an interview should you say, "It was amateur hour" when referring to using steroids. This does not make it ok and this does not make anyone feel sorry for you now that you were busted.
- Finally, do I think the records should stand? Sure, why not? Because baseball is not just a physical game. You can roid it up all you want but if you do not have the hand-eye coordination to hit that tiny ball with a bat at 100+ miles per hour you still won't be able to hit multiple home runs.
Ok, so there were the ramblings of a mad woman after watching to many Sportscenter updates and reading all the tickers at the bottom of my precious KU games! I have a funeral to go to this weekend in Arkansas for my great-grandmother and then my son is having his birthday party on Sunday. It will be a whirlwind weekend and I don't know if I will post anymore this week. I have to make my puppy chow and Blues Clues paw cookies for his party tomorrow so if I have time I will get some more hot babes up for you ladies (and gentlemen if you read this) to drool over! Deuces! :)