Thursday, February 28, 2013
Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I had two girls instead of two boys. Probably my house would be a lot more pink and clean rather than browns, blues and dirty.
Sometimes I wonder what would happen if we had another baby. Would it really change that much. I'm already extremely tired so what's one more?
Sometimes I wonder what people think when they get dressed in the morning. Do they really think those things match. Or they fit into them. Hot cheese, we've all seen the People of Wal-Mart...and I'm pretty sure some of those pictures were taken at my local Wal-Mart. It is ridiculous!
Sometimes I wonder what would happen if there were 26 hours in the day. Or even 30. I'm sure work would decide we would need to be there 10-12 hours if they added extra hours. But really I would hope I could still only work 8 hours and then the rest of the time would be spent with my family and/or sleeping. Seriously...have I mentioned I'm tired a lot?!
Sometimes I wish I could win the lottery. I am 95% sure I would spend it wisely and be a philanthropist. That other 5% wants to spend it foolishly. Like on a house with an indoor pool and movie theatre. Because honestly...that would be pretty amazing.
Sometimes I think about what my life would be like if I were single. Or if I didn't have kids. I know I am extremely happy with my kids and my hubby but seriously...I would have a lot extra money that I could spend when I want on what I want. Also, I want to travel and I don't think that I will get to do much of that for at least the next 15 years since my kids will need most of my time/money.
Sometimes I wish I had more to blog about. Some weeks are a gold mine, but others are not.
Friday, February 22, 2013
Thursday, February 21, 2013
|Seattle--The hubby and I are planning on going there next summer for our 10 year anniversary. And seriously every time I look online about Seattle I find something else I want to do while I'm there. I can't wait!|
Monday, February 18, 2013
No eating or drinking after 3am
He had to have a clean, oil-free scalp
No alcohol or cigarettes (haha)
Oh and he had to be sleep deprived...meaning he could only sleep between the hours of midnight and 3am. (record scratching). Say what?? We had to keep him up until midnight (his normal bedtime is between 7 and 7:30) and then wake him back up at 3 and keep him up until his check-in at 7:30. From there he would be sedated so they could put the tentacles on his scalp without him throwing a hissy. You know, since he would be sleep-deprived.
So to give you an idea of what our Valentines consisted of, here is a post in pictures of what your child may look like if you have to have them be sleep-deprived.
|8 PM: Oh this one isn't too bad. Some nights I stay up this late because my mom hopes I will sleep in the next morning!|
|9PM: I'm still in a pretty playful mood. Dad and I are having a ball!|
|10PM: I'm starting to get tired but dad is being a good sport by watching Mickey Mouse and Doc McStuffins with me. Thank goodness for OnDemand!|
|11PM: Guys...I'm tired. Please just let me go to bed. I will even sleep on the floor. I DON'T CARE!|
|12 AM: Aw sweet relief. (Little does he know...it is short lived)|
|3AM: Are you freaking kidding me? You wake me up and then take my picture? You suck. (I don't know where he learned his saucy language)|
|4am-go time (7am): I HATE YOU! This is pretty much what those hours looked like. No fun.|
|7:30AM: I'm pretending that I'm having fun but really I just want to get out of here. Please let me out!|
|8:30 AM: What did this lady just do to my head. I'm pretty sure I would get yelled at if I drew on my head.|
|8:45AM: They let me have a bottle and I was lights out. Sounds like my mom on a Saturday night (ba da bah...that was my best drum-roll)|
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
For Leo I figured he would like to get a little something special. And while I couldn't find an actual treasure chest I found this cute pink takeout box in the V-Day section. I filled it up with some candy and on top he got 5 gold dollars. He's rich! But even though he makes me want to scream he really is one of my greatest treasures!
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
I'm pretty sure Leo is going to be excited about his bubbles but then ask me what they are. And unfortunately I didn't think the hubs gift through because originally I was going to take them. Sadly, my final weight watchers weigh-in is Wednesday so I can't chow down on them!
Monday, February 11, 2013
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Today both my boys were up late and intruding on my space that I use for display so I had to be sneaky. Aw well...it will be worth it in the morning!
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Friday, February 8, 2013
Pet peeves. Everyone has them. Some have more than others. I think I fall into that category. But instead of listing all my pet peeves I’ll just give you a few to get a glance into my warped brain!
· I do not like drivers that know there is construction coming up yet they stay in that lane until the very last possible second just to try to wedge themselves into the lane that is continuing.
· I do not like when the workers at Subway give me a dirty look when I request that my chicken be warmed up AND my sub be toasted. The toaster machine doesn’t heat the chicken all the way through but I like a crispy sandwich.
· I do not like when groups (religions, politicians, companies, etc.) try to spew their beliefs on to you. Recently, Leo’s school (Catholic) was going to do a fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. There were going to be spirit days, hat days, etc. if you participated. Well at the beginning of the week, the head of the fundraiser sent an email to the parents letting them know they would not be doing the fundraiser because the L&L society did stem cell research and that went against the Catholic faith and blah blah blah. Then she apologized because she said she should have done more research. I was heated. Because really?! Ugh. Well I get where they’re coming from but come on. We were going to raise money for a worthwhile organization and now we can’t. And it’s not just this, but multiple other organizations.
· There is a commercial on the radio for State Farm (I think) that has a kid asking his dad if he’d be able to drive. Then the kid asks if he could drive a space car. And for some reason this commercial gets on my last nerve because the dad says that yes, he can drive a spaceship car. And I don’t like the fact that his is just spouting fiction. Because no kid…you won’t be able to drive a spaceship car because they don’t exist and we won’t be living in space in your lifetime. Yes, I know I’m crazy and yes, my hubby has told me that but seriously. I think you should not lie to your kids about stuff like this. You can tell them there’s a Santa and an Easter Bunny or that they can be the president. Because in some way there kind of is and they might be. Also, you could tell them that they might be able to fly a spaceship as an astronaut. But driving a spaceship for a car? Not gonna happen.
· I do not like when co-workers meddle in business that is not theirs. I have a co-worker who feels the need to check up on me. And she is in a supervisor role (although she is not my supervisor) so she checks my timecard and talks to my direct supervisor about things that don’t concern her. So technically I just don’t like how this one particular person is in my business but I’ll just group it into meddling co-workers!
· I don’t like that from my work computer I can’t post to Gretchen’s blogs! So from here I’ll just say that I finally did my spin and will have to email her my link! But you can go visit her here: http://secondblooming.typepad.com/second-blooming/2013/02/spin-cycle-.html
Happy Friday! And if you see me in traffic and there’s construction make sure you merge early or you might see a bird!
The hubby got a bag of powdered donuts with a heart that says: I 'donut' what is do without you. Cheesy (most of them are) but cute. Leo got some glitter crayons and a coloring book with a heart that says: you color my world.
I bought all my stuff Thursday night and made my little gifts so the next 6 nights all I have to do is lay them out. But I'll post a quick post each day to show my handy work!