Thursday, February 21, 2013

Oh The Places I'll Go



Gretchen gave us a really easy topic for this weeks Spin Cycle. A dream vacation.  Why is it easy you ask?  Because currently my back yard looks like this...
 
 
We got over a foot of snow.  And I didn't even get to get out and enjoy any of it because I had got to go to stupid work. Lucky me!  So here is just a quick peak at some of the places I would rather be than smack in the middle of Kansas layered in sweats and literally digging my car out of the driveway so I can go to work.
 
Ahhh sunny California.  This is apparently Hermosa Beach in LA.  But honestly I don't care what it is.  I just want to go to LA.  To see the sights and hit the beach.  The hubby used to go to LA every year as a kid and he would love to go back.  And we will some day!
Disneyland--the place where all your dreams can come true.  I never got to go as a kid but I would love to take the boys.  I figure once Jacoby is around 5 we might be able to go without feeling like he is going to have a massive meltdown.  So 4 years to start saving!

Jamaica--I went to Jamaica on a cruise with my family and had so much fun.  I actually don't specifically need Jamaica but I would either like to go to an all-inclusive resort or on a cruise.  I had so much fun.  I am actually trying to plan a 30th birthday bonanza cruise with my bestie from high school.  The cruise is really inexpensive...it's the plane ticket to get us to the port.  We will be watching the sales!

Seattle--The hubby and I are planning on going there next summer for our 10 year anniversary.  And seriously every time I look online about Seattle I find something else I want to do while I'm there.  I can't wait!

Washington DC--I've always wanted to go to Washington DC.  I really haven't travelled much and this is definitely one of the places I would like to go.  I'm very interested in history (who woulda thunk it) and so just all of the different historical parts of the city is so appealing to me.

But honestly...sometimes just a vacation to my bedroom would be nice.  Hey you--get your mind out of the gutter!  I'm talking about a vacation away from work, away from my kids.  Just me and the TV remote.  Ah the sweet relief of an uninterrupted night of sleep!  Pure bliss!
 
 
 
So there you have it.  The places I would rather be (and will hopefully get to go soon) than my house.  Go spin up your dream vacation and stop by to see everyone elses.  I can't wait to see where other people want to go.  I might have to add them to my bucket list!
To see where I got all my really cool images from click here...1 2 3 456

4 comments:

gretchen said...

Tell you what, when you get to LA, I'll give you my famous 5 cent tour of Hollywood! And I hate to taunt you, but Jude and I are headed to Disneyland tomorrow!

Stay warm!

I'll have you linked with my post tonight!

VandyJ said...

I'm hoping to get Gretchen's 5 cent tour of LA in March.
Disney World is awesome. We have an obligation to take our youngest when he's around 5. then we can move on to the other parks--Universal, Sea World, etc.

Ginny Marie said...

I've always wanted to go to Seattle! I'm jealous! I've only spent time at Sea-Tac airport, and I don't thing that really counts. ;)

Patty O. said...

Is that your bedroom? If so, I am swooning with envy. It's gorgeous! I have always wanted to go to Seattle, too.