Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
This week's spin is about your dream job. Unfortunately I'm not working at my dream job now and I doubt I ever will be until retirement. But...my dream job is to be a stay at home wife! Now a stay at home mom would be a fine job to have but I would prefer to not have that aspect play into my "job."
My job description would read: A loving wife who takes care of getting the kids off to school or daycare. Then she can come and go as she pleases (and gets to spend as much money doing that) as long as the house is kept clean and dinner is made. And of course having delicious snacks ready when the kiddos get home. Sounds pretty cush right?!
Here are the requirements:
- General upkeep of the house to make sure it is clean and presentable
- Having dinner ready (or at least getting made) by the time the hubby gets home
- Being a room mother to the kiddos when they get to school
- Getting monthly pedicures and massages
Now some may ask...don't you have to do these things already? And my answer is, why yes I do (other than the monthly pedis and massages). Unfortunately I work 40+ hours a week and am still required (by myself) to do these things because that is what I feel need to be done. I of course have help with dinner and the kids and some cleaning but if I were able to just focus on that as my "job" that would be amazing!
So that's my dream job. What is yours? To see other dream jobs check out the spin this week!
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
A quick RTT while I have a minute…
I’m still not sure how I feel about girls/women wearing shirts and leggings. If it is a nicer, longer shirt then I can kind of imagine it but just like a t-shirt and leggings? Eh. I will pass!
I have been seeing a plethora of Facebook posts from SAHM’s complaining about Mondays. Now I’m not judging them but are Monday’s really any different than any other day? In my 10 weeks of being one (J) Monday’s felt no different than Friday’s. All the days that I had to get Leo up and out the door to school felt the same. I had no more hatred for one more than another.
I watched the announcing of the Oscar nominations this morning and it was a little anticlimactic. The old dude kept staring at the young girl while she was announcing names. I kept thinking that he was going to turn and correct her for mispronouncing names or something.
Jacoby has another ear infection. Ugh. I questioned the doctor on the breast feeding vs. formula feeding babies and the correlation of getting sick and he just laughed. He said that that’s what they tell you but he hasn’t seen that that is always the case. He also told me 3 more ear infections before tubes. Awesome. Let’s hope he can shake this and not get any more!
Jacoby is also getting a tooth. Double ugh.
My little Leo will be 5 in 1 month. Oh. My. Gosh. I can’t even believe it. We are opting out of a party since he really doesn’t have “friends” so to speak that we would invite but are going to have a few days of activities to just spend time with him. Dinner with the family on his actual birthday and then Jacoby will spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa while we take Leo out on the town. We are even going to stay in a hotel that night so he will be excited!
Alright. That’s all I have! Happy Tuesday to you all!
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
- We have a new priest and the 2 homilies that he has given have been culture-related. My mom said these are the only 2 since he's been here that he's given sermons like this but it is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. The first one was about pornography and being chaste and the one last Sunday was about having lots of kids and guiding them to become holy people (ie: nuns, priests, etc). Do I think pornography is an issue? Yes. Is it something I feel needs to be discussed in church in front of children? No. I also don't think this is an issue the church needs to be dealing with in such a broad aspect. The main reason I think this is because there are SOOOO many other things that need to be focused on such as poverty, hunger, homelessness, etc. I also don't think it is the church's place to tell me how many kids to have. At least he said he wasn't saying to just go out and have babies to have them. He said though to keep an open mind to having more kids if you could and guiding them to the church. I'm ok with the guiding but I also think it would be hard as a parent knowing that one of your two (in my case) wouldn't be getting married or having kids since being Catholic it means the priests don't partake in that activity. (edited to add: The thought of your kid not having kids was given to me by my mom...so credit where credit is due but I really do think it would be hard as a parent knowing that.)
- There have been a lot of crappy things going on for me job-wise and I have applied for many jobs and haven't heard back at all on quite a few. I think that is horrible business practice but that's how it goes. I was thinking about it and was praying about getting a new job when I started thinking that maybe this wasn't something I should be praying for. Now, praying for peace regarding my situation is one thing but I don't think that God needs to be concerned with my getting a new job. Another one is selling our house. Not something tha needs to be prayed for. We at least have a house and the financial means to pay for it so not something that I should be wasting my prayers on. And I feel this about a lot of things I'm sure people pray for. Now if I had no job and had no means of getting another job or feeding my family then it becomes something (in my opinion) to be praying for. But just because I'm annoyed with how things have played out for me? That seems kind of selfish. Especially when there are so many other things that are much bigger to be prayed about.
- Tim Tebow. There I said it. I am so annoyed with the God's quarterback business. I think it is ridiculous how people have said that God had a hand in controlling how games turned out. First...see above. I'm pretty sure God has a lot bigger fish to fry than worry about how the Denver Broncos and Tim Tebow are doing on a few Sunday's a year. Second...It's football. Get a clue. I'm not a fan of Tim Tebow as a quarterback but as a person he seems like a super-awesome guy. He does a lot of charitable work and I even cried when I watched a little segment on Sportcenter showing him meeting a little kid with cancer who tweeted he was Tebowing while Chemoing. I think that shows amazing character. There is no reason every celebrity/musician/athlete couldn't do more of that in their community. But going back to God...I don't think so. I'm of the belief that God gives you the talent and you have to decide what you're going to do with it. Tim has shown that not only will he (try) to be a good quarterback but he will use his celebrity status to do good. And I'm ok with that.
- Finally...I am sick of all the kids that have cancer. I know that God doesn't give people cancer but I would really like if he could take it away. I also know that they say He never gives you more than you can handle but I don't believe that. Because I don't believe that any set of parents can handle the deaht of a child. Just in our small community I have been reading the stories of 2 little kids under the age of 2 who have leukemia. 1 of them has overcome it and gone into remission and the other one had a bone marrow transplant a week or two ago and is fighting for her life. So again...this really doesn't go with everything else other than the fact that I think it's crappy that kids are even allowed to have cancer.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
The hubby is part of a paranormal investigation group (that is a whole other story for a different time) and they went on an investigation last Friday. So while he was out until the early morning Saturday I was spending quality time with my boys. I picked them up from daycare and took Leo to get a haircut. After that we all went to the bowling alley and ate dinner and bowled a few games. We ended our evening playing Phineas and Ferb dominos and then bedtime. The rest of the weekend went about like that. I spent a lot of time with the family. I took a walk with Jacoby and my mom, went to church with Leo, and just all around had a nice time. And this week has been a lot like that as well. Every night I've played a few games of Dominos or Pictureka with Leo and had a lot of cuddle time with Jacoby. I know not every week will go like this but I'm going to put this week so far in the win column. And hopefully with the quality time it will help with Leo's attitude and with my patience!
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
To honor Dr. King this week our spin topic is something we would or have taken a stand for. I don't have any issues that I am passionate about. Especially something that I have ever taken a stand for. I guess I took a stand when I felt there were injustices at work but that really didn't get me anywhere. But I think as a mother the one thing that I would always take a stand for would be my kids. Thankfully they are still little and at daycare so I don't feel like they have faced any injustices there, but I'm sure as they get bigger there will be things that I have to do to help them get ahead. I'm not talking crazy cheerleader mom from Texas killing people things, but making sure they are getting their fair shake in life. Again, I know that life isn't always fair and I won't be able to be there for them their entire life but going through school and with friends I hope that if I see something that I don't think they can handle on their own and are really struggling it will be something that I will be able to. Except Algebra. I can't help them there. Wow...this has really been a rambly post but I guess the main gist of it was I will always take a stand for my kids. Period.
Make sure and go visit the other spinners to see what they have taken a stand on.
Friday, January 13, 2012
On a 35 minute walk the other day my Ipod shuffled through:
Goo Goo Dolls
and ending with
And yes I did sing every song while walking down the sidewalk by myself. I'm sure people were looking at me like a crazy person. I was just thankful that mid-January I was able to take a walk outside in just capri yoga pants, a long-sleeved t-shirt and my ear warmers.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
I went out tonight with them but I feel really badly about it because Monday night after I got home from work around 8:30 Leo wanted to play. We played a quick game of basketball on his Nerf basketball goal and then I read him a book and got him into bed by 9. While this is a later night than normal I liked that he was still up so I could at least see him before he went to bed. About 10 minutes after he went to bed he came in our room crying because he was sad because he didn't hardly get to see me that night. It about broke my heart. I just don't know what to do. While I'm looking for another job none of them seem to be panning out so I feel more and more stuck in the position I am in. And it was recently announced that Boeing will be leaving the Wichita area (which we are a suburb of) and so about 2100 will be out of work. That is on top of the people who have been laid off in the previous few years with all of the other aircraft companies and the economy. So I hate to be to frustrated because at least I have a job.
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
- While getting a massage I'm pretty sure the massage therapist could do whatever he/she wanted to do to me (ie: murder me) because my eyes are closed the entire time. I just don't feel comfortable keeping my eyes open while someone is rubbing me. It's like when I go to the dentist. I either close my eyes or focus on the spot on the ceiling that looks like a duck. That way I don't have to see someone that close in my business.
- Also, apparently since giving birth to two children I have lost all sense of privacy for my body. The massage lady says strip down, I do it. She asks if I want her to work on my gluts I say Heck yes. She asks if I want a happy ending...just kidding! :) But seriously. I don't care who or what sees my speckled behind because I know I'm going to get something out of it.
- I also find it very strange when a complete stranger wants to divulge very personal things one, while I'm naked and two, while we are in a just met situation. I'm also not big on my massage people talking while massaging but I'll let some things slide. But when this lady told me that while she was pregnant with her twins she got super sick and almost died and then when she was pregnant with her third child her husband died it kind of ruins my relaxing vibe. And I know that is a really bitchy thing to say but in a situation where I would not be naked I would have something much more comforting to say than me lying on my stomach while she is massaging my ass. I'm just saying.
- I think Enya needs to be compensated for all the massage therapists out there using her music. I've been to 3 different massage places in my life and all 3 have played Enya. And her music is definitely relaxing, but I wonder if there is a CD for massages. Hmmm.
- And finally...I sometimes think that I could spend less money and just rent out the massage room for an hour and just lay in there in the peace with the stillness and the little waterfall and the Enya music. Because that might be just as relaxing!