Monday, January 30, 2012

It's a good day

You know you're going to have a good day when every song that comes on the radio station you're listening to you like.  That's what happened this morning.  I flipped to the country station since Leo is on a country kick and there were 5 songs in a row that I enjoyed.  And of course one took me back to high school.  It was Should've Been A Cowboy by Toby Keith.  There are a few songs that will transport me to a specific place and time and this is one of them.  It takes me back to my sophomore year in high school sitting in the back of a van on my way home from a wrestling meet that I had cheered for.  I had 5 of my closest friends with me and we made up stupid dance moves in the back of the van to go with the song.  And every time I hear that song I still do the dance moves.  And I think about the relationships I built and then eventually lost to growing up and apart.  But it still always makes me smile!

1 comment:

gretchen said...

AH! That's what I love about listening to the radio. You never know what you're gonna get. Radio roulette. And nothing takes you back like a song!