Friday, October 2, 2009

Why Disney is better then Nickelodeon

So in the last few years I have become a connosieur of children's television. I am one of those parents that lets my kid watch TV. I don't really care. I watched tv as a kid but I was also very active. I was not overweight (that came during college!) and I did not spend every waking minute in front of the television. So I really don't see the problem in watching a few shows if they are age appropriate. So back to what I was trying to say before I rudely interrupted myself!
We watch childrens tv in the morning when Leo and myself are trying to get ready for work and then again for a little bit in the evenings when I am getting dinner together. I have decided that I like Disney much better than Nickelodeon. The main reason is because Disney does not over-run their programming with commercials for products. Adult products, kids products, toys and food. I really don't want my 2-year-old to become a gimmie gimmie kid. And just when we were watching Nick while he was sick he saw a commercial and was like I want that. And he's not like that unless we are in a store and he sees something exceptionally cool. So I will give most of my tv watching time to Disney. And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: