- We got rid of our digital cable and opted for satellite. We did have to sign a 2 year contract but as far as I can see so far it will be worth it. Especially with my maternity leave coming soon and we got 3 months free of HBO, Starz, Cinemax and Showtime. Pretty excited about that!
- While getting rid of our cable we also opted to get rid of our phone landline. I'm not sure how I feel about this but we hardly ever use it and both the hubby and I have cell phones that don't really have a lot of connection issues. So hopefully it works out for the best.
- I was feeling very thankful this evening. I have been meaning to buy some thank you cards for some random things that people have done and I had packed up all my thank you cards while getting ready for the move. So I finally bought some this evening and sat down and wrote them out. So it made me very thankful to see what people have done for me.
- My sister-in-law's are throwing me a baby shower brunch or BBQ (I'm not sure which) and I feel very awkward. Mainly because it's my second baby and so I'm one of those people that think showers are for baby #1 but am extremely grateful that they want to do something so sweet for me. I also feel like it might be awkward because I don't have a lot of people to invite because I don't have a lot of friends. So if any of you bloggy friends want to head up to good ol' Kansas for a baby shower feel free to shoot me your address and you can come! :)
- The weather here has finally changed to a decent temperature but now that I am in my 3rd trimester I feel like all I want to do is sleep. And apparently the hubby feels the same way because I am having to pick up the slack where he is leaving off. I love the man dearly but seriously...I'm 32 weeks along...a little help shredding some cheese and cutting some tomatoes would be awesome!
- On the creepy side of me I took my phone into Leo's daycare and snapped a picture of their schedule. They aren't in their "assigned" room in the morning when it's breakfast time so no one saw me do it. I did it for when I am on maternity leave and keep Leo home a few days a week I can try to keep him on a less-strict schedule than they do but still have some ideas in mind of something to keep him occupied other than the Backyardigans and Dora. So I have the schedule and now all I need to figure out what the heck circle time and centers consist of. Any ideas would be appreciated!
- I made some extremely delicious chicken tacos last night for dinner. We hadn't had them in a while and so I decided to make them and they turned out awesome. I was very pleased with myself! I also made a list of dinners for the next two weeks and I bought my groceries and spent under $55 for 2 weeks! I will have to make at least 1 trip during the next week to get more milk but between the meat we already had and the stuff in our cupboards we had quite a bit so that was pretty awesome as well. I love it when I can make a list and stick to it!
- Evenings have been a real struggle lately for Leo. He starts to get sleepy and cranky around 7 and I can tell it's time for bed but if I put him to bed that early he wakes up sooooo early. Plus 7 just seems so early especially when I sometimes don't even get off work until 8. If he was already in bed then I wouldn't get to see him at all. Any suggestions on what to do to help ease the evening angry's let me know!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
RTT: Very Random Thoughts
I know it's Tuesday and I know it's for random but this week you get lots of VERY random.