Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Baptism and Birthday Jacoby

What a weekend!  We have been trying for MONTHS to find a time to get Jacoby baptized but we could never find a weekend that worked for everyone.  And we still didn't but we just went ahead and did it anyways.  I had some family in from out of town and we decided to make a weekend of it.  Saturday we went bowling and the excitement started there.  We played 2 games and the second game my dad just kept hitting strike after strike.  He bowls on a league and has bowled a 298 (twice) and a 299.  But on Saturday he just kept hitting them.  We started to take notice in the 6th frame and from there he just kept going.  We got to the 10th frame and he hit all three bowling his first 300 game EVER.  It was amazing.  Unfortunately since it wasn't during a league or tournament it doesn't count officially but it still happened!
 
For the rest of the afternoon I just spent it at my parents letting the boys play with their cousins.  Leo had so much fun and Jacoby just hung out with me and my mom and aunt.  It was really nice.  That night I had a masquerade party and that was fun too.
 
Sunday was the big day.  We went to mass and sweet, little Jacoby got baptized in front of our family.  It was really nice.  Here he is looking dapper in his sweater vest according to the father that presided over the mass!
 
 
 
After mass we went to breakfast that the church puts on once a month and they had declicious french toast.  Seriously...it was delicious!  Then we went back to my parents house to celebrate Jacoby's first birthday!  I made chocolate cake and ice cream cone cupcakes.  They all turned out really good.  Here are a few pictures of him destroying his cake!  He seemed to like it!
 

 
All in all it was an amazing weekend and we really enjoyed seeing all of my family and celebrating with them.  So much fun!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, he looks so adorable!! Congrats on the baptism!