Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Final Weigh-In (Until Next Time)

Have you ever taken off your shirt in public just to meet some ridiculous number on a scale?  You haven't?  Well guess what?  I have.  Today was that day.  So just keep reading if you want me to regale you with the most ridiculous story of why I took my shirt off at work just so I could meet my goal and get my 50% reimbursement.

It all started on this cold and blustery morning.  Haha just kidding.  I went to my weigh-in today and I was shy of my goal by 2 ounces.  Yep.  That's right, 2 ounces.  So the lady says to take off my pearls and my ring.  I look at her like she's crazy and she says yep.  So I do.  And I'm still not quite there.  She says, 'you're wearing a sweater.  That has to weigh at least one pound.  You can close the door and I won't look and you'll hit you're goal.'  I again look at her like she's crazy and she told me she took hers of yesterday and that someone else took off their pants.  Now I'm not sure what kind of meeting their having but seriously...I wanted my $72 back.  So off came my sweater.  And by golly that sweater really did weigh one pound.  Because in my magical book that gives me my weight and says I can get my $72 back said I was down 2.2 pounds. 

So...after my 16 weeks of struggling and successes I dropped 10.8 pounds.  I am going to do another 16 week session and my new goal is 4.4 pounds.  That will put me at 132 which will be the top of my height/weight chart but my doctor said my weight is good where it's at.  If I can hit that goal and then keep it there for 6 weeks I will be considered a "lifetime" member and won't have to pay anymore.  Woo hoo!  So yeah...I can check off take my shirt off at work off my bucket list.  Take that corporate america. 

2 comments:

Courtney B said...

You go girl!! :)
And you're doing an amazing job!

Unknown said...

I just joined Weight Watchers and hope I can reach my goal weight too :) good luck and good job!