Tuesday, October 9, 2012

RTT: It's been a while

Wow.  I haven't hit publish (or schedule) since September 21st.  I think this is the longest I've been away from this ol' girl.  I have just been so overwhelmed with life.  It's crazy.  I don't even know what I've been busy with but I've been busy.  But here's to random Tuesday's where I can get out all my random thoughts!

  • Today I am home from work with a semi-sick 5 year old.  Leo took his first sick day (and only I don't feel good without any real symptoms that mom will let him get away with) from Kindergarten.  Last night he came in from playing outside and went to his room to play for a bit.  He came out while we were making dinner and said he didn't feel well and would like to not eat dinner.  I told him that was fine but to switch to jammies and lay down in our room to watch TV.  I checked on him in his room and he was drenched in sweat and said he felt dizzy.  I helped him get in jammies and had him lay down.  By the time I got him Sprite and crackers he was asleep.  When he woke up this morning he wasn't running a fever but said his head hurt.  With all the changes in temps I don't know if it's allergies or a bug.  I kept him home to be on the safe side and he's been fine today.  Except he keeps telling me his head still hurts and his tummy hurts.  Who knows.  He doesn't usually complain of ailments so I don't feel too bad keeping him home.
  • I was also off yesterday thanks to ol' Christopher Columbus.  I had a pretty nice, relaxing day.  We took Leo to McDonalds for breakfast and actually dropped him off at school instead of him going to Latchkey.  Then we went up to the school for lunch to eat with him.  He was so excited.  After that I started to get all of his and Jacoby's clothes better organized.  I went in and put all the 0-12 months clothes in 1 tote, 18 months in another and the same with 2T, 3T, 4T and 5T.  Then took the baby, and 3T-5T clothes to storage.  I wanted to make sure that I didn't forget I had certain clothes, buy them and then find the old ones later.  I feel much better now!
  • Jacoby turns 1 in 8 days!  Yikes!  He is getting baptized on Sunday and then after we are having a birthday/baptism party for him.  I have planned nothing.  And you know what...he's not going to care.  After mass there is a breakfast at the church and I am going to have everyone who comes (just a few family members) eat at the breakfast and then head back to my parents to open presents.  I am going to make some ice cream cone cupcakes.  I'm pretty excited!
  • Tomorrow is my final weigh in for Weight Watchers this 16 weeks.  The last time I weighed in I was 1.6 pounds away from my goal.  I'm not sure where I'll be tomorrow.  Hopefully at my goal so I can get my 50% reimbursement!
  • I have been slacking on Spin Cycles.  And there have been so many good subjects.  I told Gretchen that I would have to do a week of all spins and I wasn't kidding.  Now I just need to find the time to write them.
Ok well that's it from over in my neck of the woods.  I'm not sure when I'll be back but hopefully when I do I won't be so mind-numbing!  Have a happy Tuesday!

No comments: