Thursday, June 13, 2013

Happy (Early) Father's Day

Tonight we had my dad over for dinner for an early Father's Day dinner. He went to Leo's t-ball game and then after that he came over. I skipped out on the game so I could get everything ready and it was a success!

It was my first grill of the season and I made steak, chicken and mushrooms. They all turned out so flipping good! I also made baked potatoes, corn on the cob, baked beans and biscuits. Let me tell you...it was way too much food for a Thursday night. But, I'm thankful that my dad lives in town and was able to have an evening off of work so he could come over. We're supposed to be going out of town this weekend so I wanted to make sure he got his gift before we left.

It's so nice that the boys were able to play with their "papa" for a bit before he had to go and they had to go to bed. Now I'm sitting here EXHAUSTED because it was another busy day for me. Hopefully all will go well this weekend and we will have safe travels. I hope you all have a nice Father's Day weekend and that you are all lucky enough to spend it with a father of some sort that you love!

No comments: