Sunday, July 21, 2013

Time Marches On

The Bobby Bones Show has a segment sometimes called Time Marches On. It is basically a time when the people on the show or people who call in have stories about things that happen to them that makes them know they are getting older. And after a girls night last night and just things in general in life lately I have 10 reasons that I know I'm getting older and that "time is marching on."

1) I got real excited when I saw a commercial for a holder for a Magic Eraser. You clip it on to the Magic Eraser and it gives you a better grip on it. I definitely need one of those!

2) I spent more money on Leo to play football than I've spent on myself in the past two years. I'm not even exaggerating.

3) We had a parents meeting for said football at the high school and I realized it has been 11 years since I've been in high school. Where did that time go?

4) At girls night we went to my friends house and her daughter was being the hostess with the mostess. While we were eating dinner I reminisced about how I remembered when she was starting Kindergarten and how we were all so excited. Now she is getting ready to be in 7th grade.

5) I spent Friday night cleaning the house. That is definitely not something I would do if I was still in my youth!

6) One of our conversations at girls night centered around the best medicine for constipation. Who does that?!

7) Another one of our conversations was about who had better produce and meat, Wal-Mart or Dillons? We all agreed that Dillons has it better than Wal-Mart.

8) While watching any form of professional sports I now realize I am older than a lot of these players. Not to mention making sooo much less money than they are!

9) On a lovely Sunday afternoon I spend it on Pinterest trying to find awesome gift ideas for the first day of school for Leo's teacher.

10) And last but not least...my bestie and I are trying to plan a trip for our 30th birthdays next year. Not that 30 is anywhere near old (30 is the new 20!) but I just don't know where the last 9 years of my life have gone! When did I become an adult?

No comments: