Thursday, March 19, 2015

Weight Watchers (Again)

Weight. It’s a touchy subject. But one I want to get out there so I can hold myself accountable. And you all can help! My weight has been a struggle since high school. I was heavier than the other girls but looking back…I would love to look like that again! After high school and the constant moving due to cheerleading the weight started to come on. Gradually of course, but it came on none the less. Then I got married, was still in college and working full-time. I felt like there was no time. Looking back I had nothing but time!  Then came the first kid and on came the pounds. I ballooned up over 200 pounds when I was 38 weeks pregnant. On a 5’2” frame that’s a lot of weight. Thankfully the baby weight came off pretty quickly after Leo but I was still left with the original weight. I had tried fad diets and then decided to really try Weight Watchers when it became available through work to get reimbursed. I did really well on it and lost the rest of my baby weight and got down to about 150 pounds. Then came baby number 2. I didn’t gain near as much weight and since I didn’t have as much to begin with it didn’t quite add up as much. Again, thankfully with nursing and 2 little guys the baby weight came back off but then still left with more than I needed. So I decided I needed to rejoin Weight Watchers. I lost almost 30 pounds and weighed what I did in high school! It was awesome. That was 1 year and 3 months ago. I have now managed to gain all the weight I had originally lost back. It was gradual but they discontinued the WW program at work and I was lazy. No more than that. I didn’t change my eating habits terribly, but with the small change plus not working out as I needed to it all came back. So there I was. Back at 160 pounds. It seems like that’s my number. But this time, the weight has settled in my stomach, butt and thighs. And I. Don’t. Like. It. At all. And I had to do something about it. So 5 weeks ago I signed back up for WW. And for 4 weeks I did nothing. Except waste my money. And then last week I was like, ok. This is the week. So I really started back up last Thursday. And in the last week I have already lost 2 pounds! So. Thus begins another weight loss journey. Thursdays is my designated weigh-in day so I will try to update as I go along weekly. I will give you my tips I’ve managed from the week and I will relate my troubles. So here’s to 2015 being the year of the loss!

 

Starting weight: 160

Today’s weight: 158

 

No comments: