Saturday, January 16, 2010

Movies I want to see

So there are a lot of movies out at the theaters that I would really like to go see. Unfortunately, having a 2 year old does not always make this the easiest task. First we have to find a babysitter, then we have to have the fundage to go to the theater *which these days you have to pay an arm and a leg to go*. But here is my list of movies I would like to see. Most of them I will try to catch when they come to the local Redbox…gotta love dollar movies!

Daybreakers-Ethan Hawke as a vampire trying to come up with blood to keep the vampire population alive. Or that is what I got from the previews. It just looked dark and good!

Sherlock Holmes-I love, love, love Robert Downey Jr. He is just the right amount of cocky! And I like the idea of a “go boom” Sherlock Holmes. We like the smart Holmes, but explosions get me to the theater!

The Book of Eli-My hubby was the first person to bring this movie to my attention. I had seen the previews a few times but never really paid attention to it. But after he said something about it I really watched it and it looked interesting, so I read more about it and it’s about a man who has one of the last Bibles and he has to get it to safety. The bad guy thinks that it will be a good weapon so Denzel has to go all crazy on him. More explosions=more fun!

The Lovely Bones-I read the book when it first came out and I loved it. I re-read it when I saw the previews for the movie to prep me for it. Now that it is out I’m sure I’ll have to wait for it to come to DVD but that is fine. I’m just hoping it lives up to my expectations from the wonderful writing in the book!

Up in the Air-George Clooney has gone all weird lately but this movie looks interesting. And he’s still really cute to look at! J

Finally…I want to see The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus (sp?). It looks super crazy but good. And I love Johnny Depp so even though he is only in it briefly I’m sure he does an awesome job! J

Those are all movies that are out currently…I am most definitely waiting for the next Harry Potter installment, the first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians comes out in February or March and then Alice in Wonderland. I know I don’t have enough money to see all of the above in theaters but if I can see at least 2 I will be happy! Are there any movies out that you are dying to see? Maybe I should add some to my list. If only I’ll be able to watch them on DVD is fine with me!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sorry no new movies to add to your list. You already named the two I want to see..Sherlock Holmes and The book of Eli. I love your saying "Denzel has to go all crazy on him", too funny!