Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Cooking Blues

I don't know what it has been lately but I have just not been in the mood to cook. We have a go-to list of dinners that we rotate throughout the month and I don't know if it is the lack of change that is having me going ho-hum when it is time to try to decide what to make or if it is just my lack of motivation. But in the last month I could probably count on both hands the amount of meals I have made. That is sad. We have a budget that I stick to pretty well when I go grocery shopping so we don't buy lots of frilly stuff. The only extras I buy are chips and pop (diet for me!). And if the hubby is lucky I'll buy the cookies he likes but that maybe comes once a month. It's not that we can't afford the extra stuff but we just don't need it. But lately I am feeling extra want-y and so when I look in our cupboards and fridge and freezer and I am left feeling unsatisfied. So I'll make something that I don't want and then I don't eat much and then we have leftovers. Which means that I get to eat what I don't want again. It's a vicious cycle. And you would think I'm losing weight but I'm not! So as I'm procrastinating deciding what I want for dinner I am really not sure what I want to make! We have lots of chicken in the freezer so I'm sure it will be something chicken-y! Hmmmm what to do what to do!

1 comment:

Heather said...

When I get in those moods I try browsing the recipe book for ideas. Even if i don't have all the ingredients the recipe calls for, I still get some ideas.