Tuesday, October 12, 2010

RTT: Baby needs a new coat and The Hunger Games

Happy Tuesday! Yesterday was Monday and I was off so it makes Tuesday just like Monday. Boring! But at least I have a short day at work today. It will let me finish my errands after work before picking up Leo. And the errands seem to be never-ending lately!

I was going to order a new winter coat for Leo online from Childrens Place and get him a few new pairs of jeans also but the hubby wanted me to have him try on the coats to see if we could go a size up without it looking tacky to hope that it would fit for 2 years instead of 1. (Where he all of a sudden came up with the idea to try and save money is beyond me but whatever!) So instead of ordering Saturday night I took him to the store on Sunday. They didn't have any in the store to try on for boys so I found a similar girls jacket and tried the 4T on him. It was too big so I decided to just go ahead and order the 3T online. So when I ask to make sure they didn't have any hidden in the back and when they didn't they gave me a coupon for free shipping. Woo hoo! But I go home directly and try to order and just 1 day later they are sold out of the coat that I was going to buy. I was so annoyed. So now I'm going to have to get a coat that wasn't on sale AND I had a 20% coupon for. So lame.

I started reading the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. It. Is. Amazing. I read the 1st book in about a day and a half but then I got the 2nd and 3rd books on Sunday and I finished the 2nd book by midnight Sunday. I couldn't put it down. I even had a headache and I couldn't stop reading. It is such a good series. There are a few things that bother me though...1) These are young adult books? Really?! Some of the things in them are difficult for me to read because of the violence. I definitely wouldn't want to be talking to my 11 or 12 year old about some of the themes presented in them. One person gets killed by another by getting a rock crushed against their skull. And it's presented in detail. and 2) I just want the main character to choose who she wants to be with. I know she's only 17 but she is much above her age-level thinking wise so I think she needs to just choose. If she doesn't she is just leading the other on. But note to myself...it's only a book! I can't take these things too seriously but when I get swept up in the books it seems like I am there!

I can't believe it's already October 12! This month is flying by and I have a lot of stuff lined up in the 2nd half of the month and so I am getting really excited! We are taking a day trip to a local pumpkin patch next Tuesday and so I am on vacation next Tuesday. Then that Thursday I don't have to close and I get to go to a local community event and then that weekend is when we are going to Kansas City for the Chiefs game and then I am on vacation 3 days that final week in October. And of course all of the Halloween related activities that last weekend. Holy cow! I'm tired just thinking about everything going on. But I am so looking forward to it!

Well that's all I got for today. Check out Keely and other random thoughts!

randomtuesday

2 comments:

VandyJ said...

You are one busy lady! I got tired just reading about what you have to do. Then I got even more tired thinking about how much I have to do the rest of the month. Time seems to be slipping by so fast!

Sprite's Keeper said...

You are like the fifth person to rave about The Hunger Games. I think I need to check these books out..