Thursday, February 16, 2012

Growing Up

As I type this my baby is at a shadow dat at a local school.  I took him this morning and dropped him off.  A few tears were shed (his, not mine) and I left him there.  It's been a little sad this morning.  And I've been obsessively checking my phone to see if the school is going to call me and say I need to come pick him up.  But I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen.  Hopefully after I left he was a little less shy and made some friends.  Hopefully this will not scar him and make him not want to go to Kindergarten at all.  I guess it's just something he will have to figure out.  But I'm just here.  Waiting to go pick him up.  Thinking about how he was so little and I could hold him in my arms not to long ago.  And it makes me sad.  But happy at the same time.  I feel like Ron Burgundy in Anchorman...I'm in a glass cage of emotion.  So I'll let you all know how it went!

No comments: