Thursday, February 16, 2012

Kindergarten Update

He was fine.  He made it through the day.  But the minute I saw him in the office he started crying.  Even though he walked in smiling.  After I talked to him for a few minutes in the car and he had calmed down we called the hubby so Leo could tell dad how school went.  And he started crying again.  Poor kid.  He just didn't know anyone and so it made him so nervous.  He even told me he didn't want to go back to his regular daycare becuase his stomach hurt.  (This has been an ongoing issue where he complains of a stomach ache.  A lot.  Like every other day.  We wil be discussing this with the doctor at his checkup in a few weeks)  But I told him that we were so proud of him for trying something new and very different to him and being a big boy and making it through the (half)day that it was.  He got to school and was still a little sad and I'm sure he'll cry again when he talks to the hubby about it.  But baby steps people.  He made it through the day and so I think we're a go when it comes to August!

No comments: