Thursday, June 21, 2012

Here we go again

Now that I have almost completed a year of breastfeeding and I’m starting to wean the little fella (holy crap he’s already 8 months old!) I figured my figure would start to get fuller since I would no longer be nursing.  And I do not want to go back down that road.  So I re-joined Weight Watchers through work.  Especially now that I work in the main building I am able to attend the weekly meetings on my lunch break and will be able to be reimbursed for part of the payment if I attend 90% of the meetings and meet my goal after 16 weeks.  I think both are attainable.  2 years ago when I lost quite a bit of weight I had a weekly post about my journey and the trials and tribulations.  I also liked the accountability that I was having to stay on point so when I checked in I wouldn’t be letting you all down.  (I obviously put a lot of pressure on myself if I’m worried about the small reading base of my blog.  But still…it works for me!)  So here we go again…

 

My first official weigh in was on Wednesday.  I weighed in at 147.2 pounds.  I set my goal for 10 pounds.  My 16 weeks is up October 10th.  It’s not an extremely high goal of what I want to lose and to get into the “healthy” range I need to at least get to 132 but since I am still nursing Jacoby a few times a day I still feel like I need a little extra nutrients.  And if I meet my goal sooner than the 16 weeks is up I can set a new one to make myself feel (even) better!

 

The thing I am having the most difficulty with is the portion size again.  I have a love/hate relationship with portion sizes.  I know what I should be eating but of course over-indulge.  That’s how I got where I am today!  If I knew how to keep in control of my portions without counting points I wouldn’t need to lose weight!  Also, if food wasn’t so dang good then I wouldn’t eat as much! :)  So re-learning what portion sizes are is a killer.  I am making pot roast tonight and a serving size worth 7 points is only 3 ounces.  That is a freaking deck of cards worth of roast.  Also, I’m making mashed potatoes and I will get a ½ of a cup.  With no gravy.  Ugh.  So just changes that I need to be doing all the time but will definitely have to be doing them now. 

 

And one good thing since I last was a member of weight watchers is that points values have changed.  And how they measure certain things.  My main excitement about this is that fruit is free!  Woo hoo!  So I can eat as much fresh fruit as I want and it doesn’t count against me.  So this will also benefit my family because I will be buying way more fruit than I was before.  One nice thing is that Leo loves fruit as it is but mainly only eats strawberries and grapes.  I’m hoping that since I will be buying a different variety he will be brave and try new things and learn to love other fruit.  But if not, that’s fine too because at least he is eating some fruit!

 

 

No comments: