Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mommy Guilt

Mommy guilt is a fickle friend. My co-worker and I were talking about it because we have both been battling allergy/headache issues lately and it doesn't always allow us to fulfill our mommy duties nightly. We talked about how we don't specifically feel bad for making our spouse pick up the slack because lord knows we are the ones who normally pick up the slack. But we feel bad because we are missing out on doing the things with our kids that we normally do. I think this is a very ridiculous thing to feel but I can't make myself quit.

Here is an example...
Saturday I was fighting a lingering migraine and even though no one was doing anything special I felt like I was missing out on stuff. So instead of laying in bed and trying to get over it I got up and laid out on the couch. All because I felt like I was missing stuff by being in my room. That is not rational. Had I just stayed in bed I might have gotten over it quicker and then actually had an idea of something fun to do.

I need to try to stray away from this mindset. I know that I am a good mom and spend most of my waking time (away from work) with my kids so if I have an off day and want to go to bed early or if I have a girls night out and won't be home in time to tuck in the boys I shouldn't feel bad.

Do you guys face mommy guilt? I know I've talked about this before but seriously...it is neverending!

No comments: