Wednesday, April 10, 2013

School Schmool

You know when you have so much to do and no time ever to do it? And then you add two kiddos and hubby who always seems to need just a little more supervision than is necessary? Well that has pretty much been my life recently. I feel over worked and under paid/appreciated. But that's neither here nor there. I wanted to blog about more meaningful things and whining about how much I have to do and how little time I have seems silly. So I'm going to whine about something else. Haha.

I am a room parent for Leo's Kindergarten class. And while the job is not hard people make it a lot harder than it needs to be. Like when the other room parent and I were trying to plan the Christmas party (yes Christmas...he goes to a Catholic school!). We were talking about gift bags and then the game to play. She thought everyone needed to win a prize at BINGO. I really just didn't think that was necessary. Not only was the party only 30 minuts and there are 18 kids in the class and we were having snacks AND a book exchange on top of BINGO I just didn't think that all the kids needed to win. Because I'm that person. Life's not fair. So that took some emails back and forth. Now the two of us and the three room moms from the other Kindergarten class are in charge of a lunch for all of the staff at the school. Again, I don't think this is that difficult of a scenario. Nothing that a few emails couldn't knock out in 2 or 3 days. But no, one of the moms thought that we needed to meet at the local Panera at 7 on a school night. I didn't really thing much about it other than how obnoxious it was for me to have to rush home, get dinner ready and then get back to Panera by 7. But then I get there and everyone is real chatty. And they start talking. And then it hits me. These are all stay at home moms. All but 2 of us stay at home and so this was a way for them to get out of the house. And so from then on I was annoyed. And in a meeting that lasted an hour we talked about the lunch for all of 10 minutes. The rest of the time they were cackling like little hens. Also, they made it a lot more difficult than it needed to be. The office said that sandwiches and salads would be great. So instead of cold cuts they've decided that we need to do hot sandwiches. Seriously?! Aw well. Next year I'll know not to sign up to be a room parent and I'll be a shining example of a parent in the class who volunteers to help when needed. Haha!

No comments: