Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday...already?

I am thankful it is Friday but then it puts me in panic mode. One week from today my boss will be leaving us for (at least) 10 weeks to go and have a stinking baby! :) That puts me in charge of two branches. And I feel like EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. there are situations I find myself in that I have no idea what the heck I'm doing. And the last time she went on maternity leave and left someone else in charge other mangers thought she asked too many questions and has not been promoted. So that makes me feel even more anxious to see how I will do. I feel like I have a lot of people in other departments that I can rely on to help me transition into "manager" mode. But I also think that the staff that is surrounding me doesn't really treat me like a superior and I don't want to have to make them understand that. I was told that I could write employees up for offages, insubordination, etc. but I really don't want to do that. And I have to do reviews for a few employees while she is away. Yikes! So if I come back and rag on here about what a crappy mood I'm in for the next 10 weeks you will understand! :) Hope everyone else has a great weekend! Mine will be pretty busy with work and music theater!

No comments: