Monday, June 20, 2011

Baby Update: 20 weeks

So it’s been almost a month since I’ve done a baby update. Whoops! I have been soooo exhausted and it seems like it takes everything I have just to make it through my day and deal with the household and mommy duties when I come home. Gosh I love working 40+ hours a week and still having to come home and deal with stuff at home. I guess I need to get reacquainted with the feeling of exhaustion because it will only get worse once a new baby is here!

Sorry the picture is kind of blurry...it is an original Leo so you never know what you're gonna get!

How far along: 20 weeks! Halfway there! Holy cow!

Baby Size: A banana

Weight Gain: 10 pounds. Not too shabby.

Maternity Clothes: Still rocking them! I have picked up a few more dresses and will likely pick up a few more. I haven’t seen many pairs of maternity shorts that I like and/or are in my budget. I refuse to pay $30 for a pair of shorts I will only wear for 3 months.

Sleep: I still sleep through the night but if I am woke up by the hubby, dog or Leo then I will have to go use the restroom. And I have reverted back to baby sleep mode. On days that I am able I will get up early (usually to go to work or because Leo gets up) and then a nap sounds really good around 10. I can sleep for an hour or 2 and then get up and make my way through the rest of my day. Unfortunately those days are few and far between. But the days I get to do that I’m a happy camper!

Best Moments: Just seeing how Leo interacts with my belly and talks to his baby brother through my stomach is so cute.

Movements: He moves a lot when I lay down on my back in bed. And then of course there are the occasional movements during the day.

Cravings: Chicken wings and sweets are what I’ve been craving. We’ve hit up Buffalo Wild Wings twice in the past week and I swear I could have eaten it more than that! Also, sweets. I want pie, cookies and ice cream. Pretty much everything. I’ve done pretty well and not splurged on what I really wants. But I will try to satisfy the sweet tooth every now and then.

Looking forward to: Seeing what this little boy will look like. I was thinking about that the other day and it was the funniest thing because all I can picture is another Leo. He is so much a combination of me and the hubby so I can’t imagine another one looking any different. It just makes me really antsy to see what he is going to look like. If he’s going to have as much hair as his brother has, if he’s going to be as dark-complected like his dad and if he’s going to be as cute as me. Haha!

Symptoms: I haven’t had many physical symptoms lately. But the hormones are wreaking havoc on my complexion (again). I thought it was over but my face has severely broken out again. And Saturday morning I started crying because I had to go to work and my boys got to stay home and play. Ridiculous.

Stretch marks: Nothing new to report. Thank goodness!

No comments: