Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wishing on Stars

As I was tweeting yesterday about having to get motivated to finish my chores and I used the hashtag #wishIwererich it made me think about the spin cycle this week about wishes. And it made me think about my greedy wishes and my non-greedy wishes. So this is going to be a two-part blog about my greedy wishes and my non-greedy wishes!

Part 1: Greedy wishes

My greedy wishes are all about me and money because in my make believe world money solves all problems! I wish I had more money and could buy a bigger house. And with that extra money I would have a maid to clean up my bigger house. I would also have a chef who would make me whatever I wanted to eat whenever I wanted to eat. The bigger house would also include a super-awesome gym so I wouldn’t have to leave my house to exercise. It would also include a trainer to help me get a super-sleek figure. I also wouldn’t have to work or if I did then it would only be when I wanted to. That way I could travel to anywhere I want to go.

And because that is all just a wish and will never happen (or at least all happen at once!) the real wish that could actually happen is I want to take a trip across the United States and watch a baseball game in all of the baseball stadiums across America. I think that would be pretty awesome!

Ok…now onto Part 2: Non-greedy wish

My non-greedy wish is all about my kids. I wish that they can grow up to become upstanding citizens. I don’t care if they make a lot of money or become the President but I want them to reach all of their dreams. Right now Leo wants to be a firefighter. While that is not my ideal profession for him (too dangerous!) if that’s what he wants to be then I hope he gets his dream. He has also said he wants to be a “worker.” In his eyes workers are the construction workers. Again…while this is not my dream profession for him (long hours, hard work, not a lot of pay) if that’s what will make him happy so be it!

I also wish my kids could grow up in a world where I don’t have to worry about them walking to their friend’s house or to school. I wish that I also don’t have to worry about them being lured into the wrong crowd or end up doing something that could jeopardize their future dreams. What I really wish for is for them to be happy and healthy and to live the life they want to!

So there’s my wish. I know we’re not supposed to say them out loud or they might not come true but maybe if I say them enough then they will! I’m a backwards thinker here! Go visit Jen and see all the other wishes that all the other spinners have putLink out there. And maybe all our wishes will come true!

5 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I wish the same thing for Sprite. Right now, she wants to be a mommy, but that's normal for girls at her age. Sometimes, she'll surprise me and tell me she wants to work with animals.
I hope you get all your wishes, greedy and the nongreedy!

VandyJ said...

I wish my boys will have an easier time growing up than I did and miss the drama that came with growing up. Since they are boys, I have less to worry about. But still, doesn't every parent want their kids to by happy and well liked?

Patty O. said...

I'm right there with you on both the greedy and non-greedy wishes. Hopefully, I at least have a chance with the non-greedy ones!

Cajoh said...

I like how you categorize your wishes into greedy and non-greedy. It sounds a lot like the differences between being selfish and selfless.

I hate to admit it, but I think I wish to have gobs of money too. But the problem with wishing you had all the money in the world is that you can't spend it. The moment you do, you wouldn't have all the money in the world.

Kate said...

Yep, I wish for those things too! Everyone wishes for their children to grow up and be productive and great, right? I wish, pray, and work for that each day!