Tuesday, July 5, 2011

RTT: Holiday weekend recap

Whew with the holiday it threw off my day for random! But here I am but just a little bit later in the day!


Our 4th weekend was really nice. I had to work Saturday but got Sunday and Monday off so that was nice. A 2-day weekend when I had to work Saturday. Woot woot! The in-laws came into town so Saturday after work we headed to see and eat dinner with them.


Sunday was spent with my family. In the morning Leo and I went over to my parents and laid out by the pool and played in the sandbox (I’m sure you know which one did which!) for a few hours. It was nice and I got some color. It was pretty red Sunday evening but by today it has gone to a nice shade of brown! Ahhhh summer-time color! And then Sunday evening we went to my grandma’s 80th birthday party. It was a nice time and we got to see some extended family.


And then on Monday we headed back to the in-laws to spend the 4th. I got a little antsy just sitting around watching TV all afternoon so I hit up Babies-R-Us and picked up a new stroller/car-seat combo on uber-discount so I was pretty stoked about that. Then we grilled out and watched fireworks. It was a pretty nice weekend.



­There is a Dairy Queen right across the street from our bank branch and they started serving Orange Julius drinks. If you’ve never had a strawberry Julius you are just plain missing out. But I decided that I wanted that for lunch so I went over there today. I was a little disappointed in it though because it didn’t have enough ice in it so it was pretty liquidy. But it was still pretty tasty!


I’ve had an ear ache in both ears since last Thursday and I think I need to go to the doctor. I don’t get ear infections so this has been very weird. It’s not a pain all the time but when I yawn or swallow or something random like that my ears pop and then hurt. But I work a crazy schedule this week so it will be an off-doctor who will see me. Or I can wait until Thursday when I go to my baby-doctor but I didn’t know if that was the right protocol to ask her to randomly look in my ears. Who knows…I just don’t want to pay an additional co-pay if I didn’t have to!



Only 4 more months until baby time! Eeeeee! It’s getting down to crunch time. Ok …not really crunch time but there is a lot of stuff that still needs to be done to get ready.


I guess I’m short on random this week so this is all I have. Don’t forget to visit Stacy to see more random!

1 comment:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

You were in the sandbox, weren't you?? Sounds like you had a nice holiday. Don't stress over the baby stuff. You have at least 18 years to get stuff done.

;-)