Tuesday, July 26, 2011

RTT: Insomniac edition


Tuesday already? It still feels like Monday to me since I hardly got any sleep last night! Well I guess since I'm up I'll throw down some random and join Stacy in the continuing rebellion!

I hate when you get woke up in the middle of the night and can't get back Linkto sleep. That's what happened to me. Leo woke up around 3 and I could never get back to sleep. Thankfully he's snoozing away now so he won't be a complete bear when I wake him up to get ready for school!

So we are trying to de-clutter the house and get ready for baby time. I figured 1 tote would clean up most of Leo's toys from the living room and his bedroom. Soooo yeah. That didn't work out. I filled up 2 totes and that was just from the living room. So ridiculous. I knew Leo had a lot of toys but had no idea he had this many. Kind of makes me rethink this whole toy thing. And maybe we need to have another garage sale!

Last week I said that the hubby and I had some real conversations about stuff to get the house fixed up. Well we have made some progress! I have 2 people coming to look at 2 different things to get them taken care of. Woot woot! AND...we picked up some paint samples for our bathroom and bedroom. They are both in need of some paint!

It's been over a week and the kitchen and living room have stayed clean. Score one for me!

The weather here is still crazy hot. The sucky thing about it though is that we had some rain on Sunday so the humidity is back. Yuck! I can take the dry heat but the humidity is for the birds!

Ok. That's enough for insomniac RTT! Don't forget to stop by and see Stacy and the other rebels!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son woke up about 6 times between 2 and 3 Saturday morning and then I was in the same boat: couldn't get back to sleep and then I started thinking too much. Awful! Happy RTT.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Ugh. Sprite woke up this morning at 4 and then joined us in bed. My sleep was not good.
I would love to organize Sprite's toys, but due to the bins which she's stuffed with EVERYTHING, it's out of the way and I can't see what to throw away or not. Just the way she likes it.

VandyJ said...

I need to go through Bruiser's toys and get rid of the things that are too young for him. Right now I'm mostly worried about clothes--the kid is growing faster than I want him to.

Cathy Kennedy said...

I remember those endless nights of up and down with our kiddos. It makes me wonder how I survived. I don't think I could do it again today. God gives new moms some kind of superhuman power to cope with the odd hours and lack of sleep. lol

Check out….Blah to Hooray…Random Tuesday Thoughts

Visitng from Tuesday’s blog hop…
Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

Kristine said...

I de-clutter my kid's room of toys when she is at school. Out of sight , out of mind. Last week we both did it. 4 garbage bags of crap to Salvation Army, 3 garbage bags of papers. I was thoroughly grossed out. We haven't touched the closet yet. I'm afraid to. LOL

Stacy Uncorked said...

I have a heck of a time going back to sleep if I've been woken up in the middle of the night, too. I feel your pain!

We've been in that 'de-clutter' mode here, too - isn't it amazing how quickly the toys accumulate? I had the same issue with Princess Nagger's stash'o'toys...and she's unfortunately acquired the pack rat mode from me...she doesn't want to part with anything. So I guess I'll have to slowly get rid of stuff when she's back in school - she'll probably never notice! ;)

Yay for having 'real conversations' about stuff to get the house fixed up - and especially for picking up paint...you've got me beat! I still need to pick up paint for a few rooms that really need it, too.

Yay for the kitchen and living room staying clean for over a week! :)

It has been crazy hot, hasn't it? I can take the heat - it's the humidity that I cannot stand...

Thanks for rebelling along with me! :)

Back to School, Mother Nature's Menopause, Ancient Shells: RTT Rebel