Sunday, July 10, 2011

Memoir Monday: Whirlwind Weekend

Whew! What a whirlwind weekend. Ok...that's pretty much every weekend but it just seems like every weekend goes faster and faster! Nothing I can do about it though! Just live it to the fullest I guess!

Friday night Leo stayed with his grandparents and cousin who was also having an overnighter and so we didn't even see him after work! I came home and the hubby and I hung out and got some take-out from Buffalo Wild Wings and then came home and watched the baseball game. It was a pretty uneventful evening but oh-so-awesome! It's nice to just have an evening where I don't have to take care of anyone!

Saturday morning the hubby golfed in a golf tournament and I went to work for a short shift. It was sooo nice that I just had to work until noon instead of 6 and I had the rest of the day to do what I wanted! Leo was still with my mom and they called when they were on their way back to her house so we could hit the pool. And on a day that the temperature reached 108 (yes...really!) the pool felt amazing! We all swam for a bit and then it was time to come home for a nap. Which never happened. But we hung out and watched tv until it was time for dinner where we sprung for Chinese and watched the Royals. (Do you see a pattern?! Pretty much every time the Royals are no we watch them! It's hilarious because Leo has his favorite player and he knows which one he is by what he looks like. So we always cheer for Melky Cabrera!)

Sunday was our busiest day. We got up and hung out for a little bit before going back over to my parent's to swim before we had to get moving on our day. We swam until about 11:30 and then came home. I got Leo lunch and I prepared what was going to be our dinner so while I was out the hubby could just pop it in the oven and so when I got home we would have dinner. Easy peasy! I also took a shower, cleaned up the living room, did the dishes and took out the trash and recycling. All before 1:20 when my mom came and picked me up to go to music theater. We saw Sunset Boulevard and let me just was dark. And I kind of felt like I needed a shower to scrub off the filth that was the show. But that's just me! Then we came home and the hubby had put the meatloaf in the oven so from 5-5:45 I got the sides together, cleaned out the dishwasher and we all ate together as a family AND I cleaned up the dishes and put the dirty ones in the dishwasher before it was time for bowling. And then we bowled. And it wasn't pretty. (or at least my scores weren't!) But the other team that we were playing against didn't show up so we won all the games! Then I got home and gave Leo a bath and got him to bed and whew.

That was my weekend! Sundays that involve Music Theater and bowling are so jam packed that it seems like they go so fast but I only have 1 more show left and probably 3 more weeks of bowling and then I'll get my Sundays back! But I had a really lovely weekend and spent most of it with family which I enjoyed very much! I hope you all had equally awesome weekends!


Sprite's Keeper said...

Wow, your weekends exhaust ME! :-)

kendrasue said...

It seems like that is the only time I can do anything! The evenings I come home and feel like my evenings are shot!