Friday, July 8, 2011

Baby Update: 22 1/2 weeks

Another few weeks have gone by so I figure I better do another update so I don't kick myself later!

How far along: 22 weeks. Technically if we get down to the nitty gritty it is July 7th and the baby's due date is November 7th. So exactly 4 months until baby time!

Baby size: Papaya...or in people fruit challenged...8 inches long and 1.2(ish) pounds

Weight Gain: I'm embarassed to say this but at my appointment today I am up 19 pounds. Holy hell. In the last 2 1/2 weeks I have put on 9 pounds. I'm not sure what to do to curb that. I think I need to cut back on the amount of sweets I am eating. Nothing major but I have taken to eating an ice cream cone here or an apple pie from McDonalds there. I think that is going to have to go out the window. Along with the pop drinking. My doctor said I need to be drinking lots of water so I think I am going to try to limit myself to 1 pop every 2 days.

Maternity Clothes: I am still wearing them and they are fitting better than ever. I am nicely filling them out now! :)

Sleep: Sleep has been normal other than the wake-up in the middle of the night between my dog and my bladder. Freckles is getting up there in age and so she seems to need to go out in the middle of the night (off topic but does anyone want a 14 year old dog that pees and poops on the floor sometimes even though she doesn't bark to get anyone to take her out even though they will get their pregnant arses out of bed to do it?! Anyone...anyone?). And if it's not the dog it's my bladder. I'm hoping that if I can arrange myself differently to sleep then then I can get a better night's sleep.

Best moments: The best moment in the past 2 weeks has been when Leo was giving me a hug and had his head resting on my belly and he felt the baby move. He was pretty excited but of course that emotion subsided when he remembered he had 17 billion toys to play with.

Movement: This baby is a moving machine. He hangs out pretty low so I feel him moving quite a bit below my belly button. He also seems to move the most when I am laying on my back trying to relax.

Cravings: If you see weight gain you can see that I have been eating more sweets than I am used to. So yeah, no more sweets!

Looking forward to: Of course getting to meet the sweet baby boy. But more importantly trying to get everything ready for the baby! I've been buying stuff on clearance from Target and Babies-R-Us when they have sales so I have some really cute clothes for this new bebe! And finally...figuring out a name. We have nothing on the horizon. Gah.

Symptoms: No symptoms really. So that's nice!

Stretch marks: No new ones that I've noticed. And I'm trying to get out to the pool a little more because don't they say tan skin looks better than pale skin?! Ok...maybe I just say that but I think it's working!

And no picture today because my photographer (AKA Leo) was already in bed when I got home from work! haha! Maybe next time!

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Wonderful! Sounds like everything is going smoothly. Yes, we would like a progress picture, but even I know not to wake a sleeping child unless you want the rest of your night ruined. :-)