Tuesday, December 20, 2011

RTT: Christmas Random

Aaaugh!  5 days until Christmas!  Well technically 4 if you count what Leo counts and don't count today or Christmas day! So here's some random to get you by these next 4 days.

 
Stacy

I am done Christmas shopping.  Woo hoo!  My mom watched Leo for a little bit on Friday night so the hubby and I could get his presents.  I really like including the hubby even though we talk about what we are going to get Leo I just feel better with him being there.  And we got everything on our list.  Not that it was huge but Leo will definitely be pleased Christmas morning!

All of mine and the boys laundry is done and put away.  That way I can make an easy task of packing to go to the in-laws. Not that I ever know what to pack.  Especially since we will be there longer this time AND a new baby.  Gah. 

I spent $30 at the store last night all on stuff to make treats.  I am making some for my presents and I hope they turn out.  It will be my first foray into chocolate covered pretzels so we'll see how those turn out.  I will also be making 2 types of cookies and rice krispie treats.  I am of course saving some for us to take for treats for on the road. 

And I keep talking about traveling to see the in-laws but the hubby has to work tomorrow and so with all this crazy weather that Kansas is getting (who am I kidding?  It's not crazy it's Kansas so we should be expecting this...) we might not make it.  Western Kansas is getting bogged down with over a foot of snow and the hubby is a nervous driver so he may decide to wait or just not go.  We shall see. 

I'm making this short today because those treats aren't going to make themselves! Go visit Stacy and all the other rebel randomers and it will make your holidays! Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm in panic mode with only 4 days until Christmas...I have to get EVERYTHING done in the next two days since we're leaving for our road trip to Iowa on Friday. Here's hoping we both get done and maintain our sanity. ;)

You're ahead of me - I still need to figure out what to pack for me, Princess Nagger and Little Dude - and make sure they're laundered.

I've made chocolates, but never chocolate covered pretzels - I'll be curious to hear how they turned out! :)

Have a very Merry Christmas, Kendra! :)

Rescheduled Birthday with Chuck, Dinosaur Dilemma, Christmas Shopping Conundrum