Sunday, April 22, 2012

Life Recap

I've been MIA for almost 3 weeks and not much has been going on but I'll give you a quick recap of what's been going on.

Easter was 2 weeks ago.  We had a really nice weekend.  I didn't have to work that weekend and so the hubby and I had my parents watch the boys while we did a little Easter shopping.  It was the first time we'd been together alone since Valentine's day weekend.  And of course his family decided to come into town so then we lost our chance at a "date".  So we went to lunch with them and then spent the evening at his sister's house eating dinner and decorating eggs.  Sunday we spent going to church and then spent the afternoon at my aunt and uncle's house stuffing our faces and egg hunting.  An all in all fun weekend.

That work week was my last in the branch where I worked.  I had found out the previous week that I had gotten a position internally and would be moving to our downtown location in a different department so I spent the week cleaning up work that needed to be finished and making sure I said my farewells to my friends where I worked.

The next weekend was a crazy weekend because we were expecting very severe storms including tornadoes.  Since Kansas is used to tornadoes the part of knowing we were expecting them was fine, but I was at work and the boys were at home so it was stressful not knowing if/when it would hit and where we would be.  Thankfully I made it home and we got over to my parent's house (who have a basement) before the sirens went off.  The storm was really close to their house but thankfully there was no damage.  About 2 miles away from their house was pretty severe damage to a lot of houses and businesses (including my mom's work--she's been off work all week due to damage) so we were very lucky.

This past week I started my new job. I  now work in the main bank location in the international department.  It's pretty crazy that there is so much to learn but so far I love it.  Let's hope that keeps up! :)  I will say one of my favorite perks about the job is that I work a set schedule Monday-Friday 8-5.  I always know I will be home in the evenings and weekends.  Woo hoo!

And finally this weekend has been pretty laid back.  Saturday morning we started with Leo's bowling.  He bowled a 92 with 2 strikes.  Go him!  Then I took him to a friend's birthday party and dropped him off at 2.  They didn't bring him home until almost 7:30.  They must have been having a GREAT time!  I ended up eating dinner with my parents and some of their friends for my mom's birthday.  It was really nice.  Today has been a lazy day.  I didn't get much sleep last night because Jacoby decided since I messed up his sleep schedule yesterday he would mess mine up last night!  So I stayed in bed until almost 10.  From there we have just hung out.  The boys both took early naps (around 11 until 2 and 3) and I caught up on my shows that I had recorded.  I need to do laundry and make a meal plan for the week but we'll see if that happens!

Well that's what has been going on in my world.  If you've gotten this far...thank you!  Hopefully I will not go 2 more weeks between blogging but who knows.  I'm sure with the summer coming there will be a lot to blog about!

No comments: