Tuesday, April 24, 2012

RTT: Musings from the weekend

It's April 24th.  We are almost 1/3 of the way done with the year!!  Can you believe that?  I can't.  Time goes by so quickly even when I am wanting it to slow down so I can bask in the moment of now.  But since it's not let's get down to some random with Stacy.

Stacy


Who buys the items (mainly clothes) from the ads in the Sunday paper?  I really want to know?  The horrible pants and shoes that are always there lead me to wonder who is buying it.  And you know they are because if they weren't there wouldn't continue to be ads selling it. 

We are signing Leo up for T-ball.  This will be his first team sport we are trying.  We've done swimming lessons and gymnastics but this will be his first sport where he will have to work with others to try to win.  I'm actually not sure if there are winners in T-ball where we go but I hope there are. Because I do not like the leagues where everyone wins.  I don't think that really teaches anyone anything.  Because life has winners and losers.  But that's just me.

We got Leo enrolled in kindergarten about a month ago.  It's at the Catholic school here in town.  There is a dress code (uniforms, etc.) but Leo needs new shoes.  And since the dress code includes certain types of shoes (no loud colors, no lights, no wheels) I figured why buy a pair now that he won't be able to wear then.  So when I took him to look at shoes he threw a hissy fit when I told him that.  And the ones that were really cute that I figured he would like he was against them.  And I think it's only because he wanted something else.  So we left with no new shoes.  We'll try again at one other place but if he doesn't find any that works I'm just going back to Wal-Mart to get the ones I liked!

This Friday I am going to Final Friday with some girlfriends and I'm really looking forward to it.  It's an art crawl where a lot of shops in the downtown area have art from local artists.  It's really cool and I haven't gone to one in 2 years.  So of course it's supposed to rain.  But here's hoping the weatherman is wrong or it at least holds out until the end of the night!

Baseball season has officially started and the Royals...suck.  They've lost 10 in a row and haven't won a single game at home this season.  If they keep it up it will make for a looong season.  Hopefully when we go in a few weeks they can at least pull off 1 win!  We're going for 2 games but I'll settle for 1 win!

Ok, that's enough today.  Hope everyone has an awesome Tuesday!

No comments: