Tuesday, July 17, 2012

RTT: It's been awhile

Wha?! It’s Tuesday?!  Holy cow.  The days and weeks are running together.  Summer is coming and going.  But today you’re going to get some random!

 

Last night I was preparing a 4-layer pie for a co-workers birthday.  I had made one of the layers and had used my hand mixer.  I washed the beaters and were putting them back in the mixer when it turned on by itself.  My hand then got caught between the beaters and it beat me up.  Literally.  It skinned part of my finger and cut and smashed my right arm.  I of course screamed and it took forever for me to get it turned off.  I think the beater must have been a little damp still and it sparked the mixer on when I put it in.  So, ladies and gentlemen…unplug your appliances before trying to stick something in it.  OUCH!  My main thing about this is…how do these things happen to me.  I come up with the weirdest injuries.  In the past two years I’ve tripped into my trash can and bruised my jaw and face, fallen off my porch and tore the tendon in my ankle and now this.  I am so ridiculously clumsy.  And/or have really bad luck when it comes to random injuries!

 

Jacoby is 9 months old today!  Holy cow!  And last night I took him to the doctor and lo and behold the stinker has another ear infection.  The good news is the tubes are working and draining the gunk from his ears so not to cause permanent damage.  The bad news is I spent over $1,000 on tubes hoping they would prevent ear infections and it’s not.  Here’s hoping he’ll grow out of the sickies and we won’t have to deal with this much after next year!

 

We got the assignment for Leo’s teacher.  He will have Mrs. Fanning.  It is a teacher who had my cousin’s wife when she was in Kindergarten.  24 years ago! :)  I’ve only heard good things about her and she is an experienced teacher.  She also was the teacher who had Leo during the shadow day and Kindergarten Round-Up and when I asked her how Leo did she said that he was more than ready for Kindergarten.  So that’s nice to hear.  So I’m not surprised that he got her as a teacher.  The only thing I can say is that there are 17 kids in her class (the other K teacher has 14 kids but this is her first year teaching Kindergarten) and 11 of them are boys.  So pray for her! :)  Also, the little girl that went to Leo’s daycare that we always said would end up dating is going to the same school but she isn’t in his class.  We do know a few kids in his class though.  One was a little girl on his t-ball team.  So that will be nice.

 

This time next week I will be perfecting my trophy wife characteristics.  The hubby has training in Kansas City and gets a hotel and meals paid for.  So I took a few days of vacation and I am going with him and the boys are staying with my mom and dad.  So while he’s working hard  (yeah right!) I will be chilling by the pool and shopping.  Or maybe just hanging out in the hotel reading or catching up on my shows.  Or sleeping.  Mwahahaha.  I don’t have anything I have to do!  And it’s going to be AMAZING!  We do have plans to meet up with my aunt for dinner at the hubby’s favorite Mexican restaurant up there.  And so that will be nice.  I’m hoping to go see a movie since we have a babysitter!  But if we don’t that’s fine too.  Seriously.  I can’t wait!

 

Ok that’s all I have.  And since I’m emailing this one in I can’t link up properly but go visit Stacy and see all the other rebel randomers! (http://stacysrandomthoughts.com/2012/07/steamy-weather-nomination-honor-wonky-thermostat-and-asshat-parking/)

 

No comments: