Thursday, February 19, 2015

Game of Thrones Annonymous

My name's Kendra and I'm a Game of Thrones-aholic. Is there such a thing as GoT Annonymous? If so I need it. At the end of last year I finished the Century Trilogy and needed a new book to read. I'd started Game of Thrones on HBO Go and had gotten through the first season and thought, "hey I might like to read these books." I threw it out there on Facebook and had a few people tell me how good it was. I found all 5 books for my Kindle for $20 and thought I'd try it out. Holy cow...I'm now addicted. I read all 5 books in 6 weeks. And I also finished the series on HBO and am impatiently patiently waiting season 5 to start on April 12. Not like I've Googled it a few times to get my date correct and that I don't miss it. I'm not sure if it's the action, the love stories/sex or the suspense of who will win the game of thrones that draws me in. Or maybe it's all of the above. Here are just a few of the plot points that I can't wait to find out about in the next books (that book 6 is supposedly coming out in 2016...which can't get here soon enough.) Also...spoilers ahead:
  • What will happen to Jon Snow on The Wall? Will the Wildlings ruin it for everyone or will they be able to keep the peace so the Others don't eat all their faces?
  • What is going to happen to Arya and Sansa. For real. They're seriously just little girls in the books so it is really strange reading all their escapades.
  • Same goes for Bran. That whole storyline is just really strange.
  • And where did Rickon go?
  • Will we see Zombie Catelyn in the show or will she turn back up in the books?
  • What is Melisandre up to? And why does she always need to take off her clothes and seduce everyone?
  • Does anyone care what happens to Stannis, Reek/Theon and the rest of the Iron Island people? That was a storyline I could have done without. I'm not sure how it ties together but I could have skimmed those chapters in books 4 and 5 and not missed anything.
  • Why did the HBO series change some of the storylines? It was very odd seeing certain characters do things that I had read other characters in the book doing. Some of it I understand due to time restraints but overall I thought it was strange.
Ok so I could go on and on but I'll leave you at that. And just know that I have binged on it and now am waiting to find out what happens. Unfortunately Season 5 on HBO covers books 4 and 5 so I already know more or less what will happen.

To see more spins on binging visit Lemon Drop Pie. And hopefully I'm getting back into the blogging state of mind and will be joining in more often!

3 comments:

Ginny Marie said...

Game of Thrones sounds just like what I love, so I know I'd be addicted too! I haven't seen the show or read the books...you got a good deal for the books! I did just read that there were going to be some characters killed off in the new shows that weren't killed in the books...sounds interesting!

Thanks for joining The Spin Cycle this week...I hope you join us again!

Mayor of Crazyville said...

I have not seen this show. Sounds like it is time for me to activate my free 30 days with HBO To Go account.

Janice said...

I binged the first season but have been too cheap to rent or purchase anymore!