Saturday, April 4, 2015

Momma Don't You Worry--Book Review



I was approached by the author of a children’s book to read and review it. I’ve never been asked to do something like this and so I was flattered! The author is Louie Lawent and the book is titled “Momma Don’t You Worry.” It’s about a little boy (who’s almost 6 :) and his mom who he thinks is over protective. It’s basically a short story of little boys who think they are too big for their britches. The little boy and his mom go to the mall, he wanders off and then can’t find his mom.
Now being an expert seasoned mother of 2 boys I know how it goes. One day you’re giving birth and the next minute they think they’re hot stuff.

I thought this book was cute and had a message that I think most kids face at some point in their life. They want to be big kids but then realize their parents only want what is best for them. I thought the voice of the little boy was realistic too as it sounded much like what I hear on a daily basis. It also was a pretty quick read so on those nights that you just want to get to bed (or drink some wine and/or watch Netflix) you can still get a quick story in with the kiddos. If you are interested in checking out the book you can find it on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. I think this book is great for parents who want to discuss independence with their little ones. 

No comments: