Thursday, September 11, 2008

All Summer Long

So the new-ish Kid Rock song "All Summer Long" and the really crisp evenings we have been having in the Derb take my mind back to the days of the summer after my senior year and my first year in college. Just going to the lake over the long weekends and going on a vacation to Florida and basically doing whatever I wanted to do for the first time was amazing! I love being married and having a baby and being responsible and all that jazz but it was really nice to be carefree and pretty much on my own. I had a great group of friends that I hung out with all the time. Heck we all lived in the same apartment building. Built in best friends! So like I said I like to ramble. Back to my original thought!

The summer was amazing and even though it was amazing it was nice to get that out of my system and move forward with my life. I think about all my friends who still go out all the time and sometimes I have that inkling of man I wish I could do that. But then I remember that little angel face that wakes me up every morning with a smile on his face (unless I am the one that wakes him up, then oh boy!). And having a built in best friend again with Leo. Being able to have conversations about whatever whenever I want to with the person that I have the most in common with. That shares a lot of the same interests I do. I guess what I am yearning for is really just being able to do those things again but now I would just do those things with the Leo's. So here's to spending time with the ones I love and doing the things we love.

No comments: