Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'm just not a party-person

So last night Leo and I went to a surprise birthday party for one of our really close friends. The problem was that it was a large-ish party and even though we knew most of the people we weren't real close to them. And so I felt really awkward. I don't remember being like this when I was younger, but I guess most of the parties I went to I was close to the people. So we only stayed for about 2 hours and believe me that was long enough.

I guess it also goes to a point that my mom and I have talked about recently about how we just are not good small-talk people. I really don't have a lot to say unless I am having a conversation with a friend. Because then I will talk until I am blue in the face. My friends probably would prefer I didn't sometimes! So I guess we will have to get together with our friends have a more low-key evening to celebrate her birthday because she was disappointed that we left, but I just felt really awkward. So if you have any suggestions on how to get over this craziness let me know!

2 comments:

CC said...

i KNOW! Can you believe it?! That A-hole stole shit "all the time" apparently. He told me this in college otherwise i would've told you guys. well hopefully i would've told you guys, cause obviously that loser had me under his spell. who knows?!

thanks for the encouragement, I hope there's someone out there too cause I'm getting pretty darn bored thats for sure!

Super Mom said...

Get a job as a waitress in a bar... SMALL TALK CENTRAL. You'll get the hang of it REAL quick!!! And you can drink at work, so that might make it worth it anyways...