Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day

Today is MLK Jr. Day. And I think that everyone should take some time today to think about what he did for the United States. I am at work today (ridiculous since I work at a bank) and I am sitting next to a mixed culture of fellow employees. And if he wouldn't have brought to the attention the wrongness of segregation then we might not be discussing this today because it might still be occurring.

So also, I was thinking about the courage it must have taken to stand up for what he believed in. I for one do not have a lot of things that I feel strongly about that I would have taken to the streets to spread the word that it was wrong or right. One thing I know I would do anything for is my family. If something was wrongly happening then I would do everything in my power to correct it. So I think everyone should take time from their day today to think about the courage it takes for people to make a change. And hope President Obama can make the changes he has said he will make in the next four years. Because I want my kids to be able to have a dream and I want them to be able to act upon their dreams.

No comments: