Monday, September 21, 2009

Fun weekend

So this weekend we went to Kansas City and it was great. We went to the movies, to the mall, watched a fight at Buffalo Wild Wings (on Pay Per View, not in the restaurant!) and went to the Raiders game. Nothing too ridiculous but things that we don't usually have a chance to do together when we have the monkey with us. One thing that made this weekend especially good for me was the time in the car that we could just talk. We don't usually have a lot of time that we just sit together and talk and it's not like we talked the whole way there and back but still enough time to talk. And I got something off my chest that I've been wanting to talk about with him and we had an actual conversation. No jokes were made (and if you know my hubby you know this was a big step) and even though it wasn't completely resolved we made forward progress and I think this will make us a better team. Nothing too exciting, just stuff that if you don't work on it will just fester and then turn sour. So all in all a fabulous weekend! And we saw the movie Extract. A little weird, but I thought it was pretty good. Very dry but good.

No comments: