Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Random Thoughts

It's Tuesday and you all know what that means...Random Thoughts that no one really cares about!

I am having lunch with my "Little Sister" from Big Brothers Big Sisters. She's a really nice girl but the things she says about her family is interesting. I'll give you a few tidbits:
"We were trying to help my aunt and uncle look for a house to move here and my dad saw a hose he liked and we accidentally took it home with us."
"My mom was going to be a bumblebee with me for Halloween but she decided to be a butterfly because the dress was shorter."
And now we all know why she needs a big sister.

Why is it that when you skip your exercises for 2 days it kills you for the next two when you start back up. Were those 2 days that detrimental (sp?) to Jillian's evil plan that she makes it worse to skip days? I don't know that I will be skipping any more.

The monkey has hit a bi-polar high lately. One minute he is hugging and kissing you and the next minute he is screaming like a lunatic. And even telling him that Santa is not going to come and visit doesn't work. The only thing that seems to work is the dreaded call to Grandpa. Unfortunately he is on a weeklong hunting trip and can't help up. Damn him and his much needed vacation!

On the note of bi-polar...I have spoken to many parents and before I have even said anything about it they have made mention of their children being bi-polar. I scolded my hubby when he first made mention of it but hearing other parents say it makes me feel a little bit better. Also, this is in no way being disrespectful of anyone with the illness. I just find it rather helpful to describe because of the extreme highs and lows.

The monkey has also moved into the next room and the teacher said he was sad because he didn't have pull-ups like the bigger kids. Couldn't she just have shown him the kids in underwear so he would want to progress to that? And in the new room they have show and tell. Really, what's my 2-year-old going to bring and be able to explain about "something green?" I don't know what we are going to do for tomorrow but my husband conveniently forgot "something red" last week. Hmmmm...

I don't understand how in less than 12 hours I can have 30 unread posts. You people blog way to much! And having 4 days off in a row I can see how you do it. I have blogged 3 of the 4. Most working weeks I'm lucky to get off 2. So well done!

That's about all I have time for right now. There is much more swimming in my head but that's all you get. I'm keeping some for myself! To see more head over to Keely's the queen of random at http://www.theunmom.com

1 comment:

Heather said...

That is so sad that parents teach thier kids stealing and dressing trashy and lord knows what else! Scary! Glad your there for her!

Peer pressure over pull ups already! Those things are such a waste of money. We never had them growing up and I think we all mastered the potty. LOL

I was going to do a post about the fact that everyone I follow seemed to be blogging lately. Not enough time to do them all.