Wednesday, March 28, 2012

When Things Get In The Way

Sometimes life gets to be overwhelming.  And lately that's how I've felt.  But then the stupidest things happen and make you just laugh at yourself and your worries that don't (technically) matter.  Like tonight for instance...

I was crying in the car on the way home from work because I was frustrated about a lot of things that have been happening.  Or not happening.  So I was frustrated from that.  Things that need to be done have been overwhelming and I feel like we are living in a pigsty.  I try to stay up at night but can't quite muster the energy after Jacoby still isn't sleeping through the night.  I made it home and all my boys were waiting for me. 

So first thing I do is give a quick hug to Leo.  I sit down with him to read some of the things on his DS.  After that I get Jacoby some green beans.  Then the hubby is wondering what's for dinner.  I have no idea because I was hoping to go out for a celebratory dinner but didn't get the news I've been waiting for.  On the plus side I didn't get bad news...just no news.  So we decide on McDonalds.  Jacoby is fussing in his chair after he's been in it for a bit so I go to pick him up.  And find myself covered in poop.  And so I just have to start laughing.  Because this is what it's all about.  My job doesn't matter.  My house being clean doesn't matter.  It's spending time with my family.  So after a bath for Jacoby and a quick rinse for me it's finally dinner.  And I'm thankful for my McDonalds! :)

1 comment:

Sprite's Keeper said...

I think we're in the same boat. Sending you good vibes, my friend.