Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spin Cycle: Duck and Cover



This week’s spin cycle is phobias.  Hmmm…what am I afraid of?  I really couldn’t think of anything that I was terrified of that I wouldn’t be able to handle it.  But then I started reading other people’s posts and it got me thinking.  And as strange as it is I am afraid of birds.  I think that it all started after I saw Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds.  Any kind of bird.  My cousin had a parrot.  Not a fan.  It also was mean so that didn’t really help.  I have also tried to conquer my fear.  We have a wildlife zoo where you can interact with some of the animals.  My mom and I took Leo and there was an area where you could pay a few dollars and get some bird food (what a rip-off huh?!) and take it into the little area and have the birds fly up and eat from you.  Oh. My. Gosh.  It was horrible.  I just was terrified.  So now when we’ve gone back I just have to let my mom take Leo in there and I wait on the bench outside the area.  The only thing about my fear is that I’m not afraid of looking at birds.  Only when they come up to me.  And I’m not afraid of the peacocks or geese that walk freely at the regular zoo.  Although I do not like geese because those things are just plain mean and will try to bite you.  But that’s neither here nor there!  So there you have it.  A little insight to my crazy brain!  Go see Gretchen and all the other spinners to see what they’re afraid of!

4 comments:

VandyJ said...

Birds can be creepy. I like admiring them from a distance.

gretchen said...

Oh man! I remember watching "The Birds" when I was a kid, and it freaked me out! All those creepy little birds pecking everybody with their beaks! Argh.

You are linked!

Sprite's Keeper said...

I will join you in saying I am not a fan of birds. Too much pecking and never enough notice.

Megan said...

That movie really was SO scary! I think I have a phobia of murderers. Haha. I mean, I know everyone is scared of them, but I'm kinda obsessed with being afraid of them.