Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Spin

So I'm getting a jump on my Father's Day spin because I have an opportunity! My sweet boy woke us up this morning about 5:30 crying that he was sick. So my dear husband got up with him and took him to the bathroom. He couldn't go but he was burning up. I got up to see what was going on and I got Leo some 7-Up. He couldn't go to the bathroom but he definitely didn't feel good and he was burning up so I was rocking him when he ran back to the bathroom to throw up. So all day we have been dealing with a sick boy. Poor little thing has been running a temp of close to 103. Yikes! So the hubby has taken his fatherly duties quite seriously today and has been laying with Leo all day. I'm sure the rest is much needed but the love showed between daddy and son all day has made my heart melt.


So, while this has been a pretty rambly post and one about just my monkey being sick I will leave you with a few quotes my son has made this week that makes me know he's his dad's son!


Me: Leo, what do you want for dinner tonight?

Leo: FOOD.


A few days later:

The scene: We are sitting at a stoplight behind a truck on the way home from daycare.

Leo: MOM. GO.

Me: Baby, we can't go. There is a car in front of us.

Leo: Mom, it's a truck.


Like I've mentioned before my family is full of sarcasm and smart-alecness. Apparently these are genes that can be passed down because Leo has picked them up!


And if I haven't expressed it enough...Happy Father's Day to the best dad in the world!

Head over to www.spriteskeeper.com to check out other Father's Day spins!

2 comments:

Mrs. Ruby said...

Seriously, little Leo is so darn cute. And you know he is ALL BOY!!! :)

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oh, Happy Father's Day to your husband! He spent his day wisely, spending time and cuddling with his sick little boy. Leo probably feels 100% better after snuggles with Dad. You're linked!