Monday, June 7, 2010

Garage Sale Edition

I'm going to tell you about a few items we've found that are going in the garage sale pile that made me crazy about buying said items.

Books: "Really Fernandez?" That was the thought I had when I loaded all my books into a pile, including a few text books that I kept that I thought I might use. I only kept a few, my Jen Lancaster books, Harry Potter (in hardback no less), my Key trilogy by Nora Roberts and of course To Kill A Mockingbird. I don't even want to think about how much money I've wasted but I really enjoy to read. Lately because of lack of funds I have been checking out books from the library on a more regular basis. And it lets me take the monkey and he can pick out a book or a movie and feel like a big boy! Also, how many of your books do you read more than once? I have learned that most of the chic lit that I was buying I was reading only once and then putting on the shelf to collect dust.

Decorations: I'm not much of a decorator, but through the years I have acquired some decorations. So when I was cleaning out the hall closet I figured I needed to get rid of some of it. I kept most of my Halloween and all of my Christmas decorations, but the fall and Easter and just random go between decorations are all but gone. No need for them. We don't even have tables or shelves to put them on, so why waste room trying to store them. I am not going to be on the show Hoarders anytime soon!

In the closet I also found a few games that we don't play. We have never played, because the cellophane is still on it. So we obviously don't need that. It's a game called Rehab. We got it when we worked at Sam Goody over 5 years ago and haven't played it 1 single time. Waste money much?!

Kitchen: Pots and pans that we have duplicates of or items that we don't need. Gone. I found 2 microwave omelet makers. I don't think I've ever made an omelet since I've moved out of my parent's house, let alone in the microwave. I also got rid of some really nice stemware (they're for martinis which we don't drink) and a metal bucket with a shaker. All for sale.

Leo's room: I know I've already said that I've gotten rid of a lot of clothes and I got rid of some of his toys awhile back but I found more toys and stuffed animals that were hidden away in a toy chest. Gone. I also found some pillows and blankets and bedding that have been hidden for a long time so we obviously don't need them!


I am not a very sentimental person, so not much of anything in the pile made me sad. The monkey's stuff that I am getting rid of is stuff that I know that he doesn't need, so it doesn't really bother me. I feel very organized, getting everything taken care of. I'm also (hopefully) going to get a little cash out of all of this, but even if not, when the sale is finished, what is left is going to the good will. I'm doing my pre-nesting, nesting. Getting things taken care of so that way if we have a baby there will be less to get rid of then. And if that doesn't happen, then we will just have a cleaner house! haha! And if anyone wants any of the above mentioned and live in the Wichita, KS area leave a comment and I'll let you know when and where the garage sale is going to be and you can come buy my crap. Errr I mean really awesome stuff!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sorry I'm so late getting around to your posts. All the while I was reading about all the err fabulous stuff your getting rid of, I was thinking dang girl you did an awful lot of work!

I really need to do some sorting through and donating.